• Register
  • Help

Topic: Giga Tuning Question...

Share/Bookmark

Giga Tuning Question...

OK guys...no laughing if the answer is obvious..I\'m still new to Giga....

Sometimes I have to tune a midi channel....tell me it can\'t be that the only way to tune in Giga is to take the mouse and drag that \"pan\" slider around...it\'s brain damaging. Is there any more precise way of doing this?

Re: Giga Tuning Question...

you can do it within the Giga Editor. Thats more precise.

You can also edit the samples to tune them.

------------------
    Really...I am an Idiot

The easiest way to do it temporarily is to go to the midi controllers page for that instrument, assign a slider to fine or coarse tune (or two sliders - one to each) and then you have a whole slider to go plus or minus with. Much less frustrating. Same goes for panning.

Just remember that any resetting from Giga or your seqeuncer will often lose these control slider settings, as they usually do a \'0\' all midi controllers type of reset.

Permanent changes should be done in the editor and saved as King says.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chadwick:
    The easiest way to do it temporarily is to go to the midi controllers page for that instrument, assign a slider to fine or coarse tune (or two sliders - one to each) and then you have a whole slider to go plus or minus with. Much less frustrating. Same goes for panning.

Just remember that any resetting from Giga or your seqeuncer will often lose these control slider settings, as they usually do a \'0\' all midi controllers type of reset.

Permanent changes should be done in the editor and saved as King says.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks guys. Yes, these are temporary tunings. and it\'s a shame that messed up on this. Like a Pro Tools plug in value, I was hoping one might be able to hold down a control key or something while moving the value slider so it would move in precision increments.....oh well...

ahh

for temp settings

for pan

use the left and right arrow keys, and for fine tune hold control and use the left/right arrow keys

up and down is the volume fader

Home and end also put the volume fader to max/min value

page up/page down do the same for the sliders

When using the mouse (or page up/page down/home/end), holding shift snaps the slider/fader to \"center\" value

remember you can assign any of these sliders/faders to other controllers.

------------------
    Really...I am an Idiot

Go Back to forum