• Register
  • Help
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Topic: Virus Software Recommendations?

Share/Bookmark

Re: Virus Software Recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by buckshead View Post
    I ve used AVG free for some years but they are discontinuing it on 25th June
    Really!!?? Wow.
    Guess it's back to using NOD32 then.........
    2 X Intel i7 920 sys. 12 gigs Ram. XP & Win 7 64
    Cubase 5. Kontakt 4. EWQL C.C.C. (Play)
    Vienna Instruments SE & Plus. Symphobia. GPO.
    RME HDSPe AIO KRK V8s Avalon Vt-747sp
    M-Audio Keystation Pro 88

My two passions. Music and Cooking.
    Both require just the right ingredients....

I've been running OneCare Live for quite a while now, and have experienced 0 issues (virus wise, or performance wise), on both my Vista 32 and Vista 64 installs. All plugins and apps function as expected, as does Sonar.

Resource usage is also very small. Its sitting at 2,420k right now (for comparison, Internet Explorer is at 53,772k to load this site hehe),

http://onecare.live.com
    Otto Cate
    Owner / Lead Composer, Deprogrammed Studios
    http://www.deprogrammedstudios.com

I, too, have been using AVG 8.0 for a few weeks now. No problems...It certainly hasn't been discontinued, just enhanced and re-released. There are purchaseable upgrades, but the free edition does, indeed, still exist!

I ve downloaded it from the site you named, however when you get the details from AVG they direct you to a different site that asks for payment.
    We'll see how we get on

I couldn't use Norton GoBack or and auto degrag program on my Giga machine with Gigastudio 3. AVG8 doesn't even bother it.

If AVG ever discontinued their free program I'd probably go with their software.

AV programs have become bloated like Nero. They don't want to sell you the basic engine but something called a security suite. That's why I stopped using Trend products when they got rid of PC Chillin.

Thumbs up Re: Virus Software Recommendations?

I too have been using AVG antivirus from Grisoft. Version 7 has been discontinued but version 8 is out now and it works fine, is free, gets daily updates, is unobtrusive and not full of bloatware (i.e. Norton),what is there not to like?

Well since updating to AVG version 8 I don't seem to be able to get any updates. I'm just about to dump it and find something else. Version 7 worked fine on the same PCs.

D

I prefer you Quick Heal antivirus. These antivirus providing best security to computer and while we are working online. It protect to having a virus and unknown threats in computer. I like it very much and using a newer version of it which was best for me.

According to my opinion Kaspersky is the best antivirus software which protects the computer from different kinds of viruses in a better way and it does not affect on G6 also and i always refer it to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl View Post
    Well since updating to AVG version 8 I don't seem to be able to get any updates. I'm just about to dump it and find something else. Version 7 worked fine on the same PCs.

D
    AVG is nightmare to system resources, I recommend of Avast or Microsoft Security Essentials ..
    read Anti-virus reviews and find out what best suits for you.

Go Back to forum