• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT: Composing business card suggestions?

Share/Bookmark

OT: Composing business card suggestions?

I\'m just starting out as a working composer and looking into getting some business cards made. I\'m not really sure what to put on them. Probably the different kinds of composing I can do, but I don\'t want it to get cluttered.

Could anyone give me a sample of what is on YOUR business card? Much appreciated.

Don\'t worry, I won\'t be cutting into your business. I live in a small town in Ohio.

Re: OT: Composing business card suggestions?

Was going through the old posts and came across this one:
    I put my name, logo, title (in this case \"music composer\") and all contact info...this includes email, web address, snail mail address, phone number, and fax.

Wow, and I thought this post was dead in the water.

Thanks.

Keep it simple.

Watch the logo: I\'ve seen so many millions of variations on trying to make music symbols look cool / integrated with film symbols etc and after a while I think professionals just get sick of it.

You might NOT want to list what you do: a composer can do it all anyway. Just remember that your card is not your resume.

Of course I say all this but I\'ve never used a card! I\'m just speaking as someone whose seen a lot of them, thought about it a lot when I was starting out, glad I din\'t do half the convoluted ideas I was going to!

Great point...I was one of those folks who tried all sorts of combos with treble clefs, piano keys (straight, wavy, big, small, you name it), musical notes, etc. In the end, I figured it was just stating the obvious, so I ditched the music logos altogether.

Regards,
    Scott

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Robert Kral:
    Keep it simple.

Watch the logo: I\'ve seen so many millions of variations on trying to make music symbols look cool / integrated with film symbols etc and after a while I think professionals just get sick of it.

You might NOT want to list what you do: a composer can do it all anyway. Just remember that your card is not your resume.

Of course I say all this but I\'ve never used a card! I\'m just speaking as someone whose seen a lot of them, thought about it a lot when I was starting out, glad I din\'t do half the convoluted ideas I was going to!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just when you think you\'re being ignored...

Thanks for the tips. Sounds like a good point, not cluttering it up.

Go Back to forum