• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Just bought a Virus B

Share/Bookmark

Just bought a Virus B

Niiiiiice....

Re: Just bought a Virus B

Tell me more about the Virus. Anyone else have this product?

Can it be used for warm ambience type stuff?

Would love to hear from you Virus owners

Tell me more about the Virus. Anyone else have this product?

Can it be used for warm ambience type stuff?

Would love to hear from you Virus owners

I wouldn\'t recommend it for warm ambient stuff, but with some programming, who knows? It\'s pretty deep. I use it for the cutting sounds and vocoder.

dalamein:

I don\'t own it yet, I\'m waiting for the \"C\" version. But the Access website has some great mp3s. The first example is a few phrases from the first 60 patches. A very short way into this demo and I was sold.

Hi,

I own Virus and I love it..
    Yes harsh edgy stuff is what it\'s best at, but if you start programing it it can be as soft as a cloud..great pads due to a very good LP filter, and a wavetable..

Alex

Nick, not warm?!?! The Virus must be the warmest VA I heard for sure.

...Simon have you tried Nord Modular?

AlEx

I recently bought a nord lead 3, and it has some great warm ambient stuff, and pads...The more I use this board, the more I like it....for me it covers alot of territory...every thing from harsh Trent Reznor NIN stuff to Vangelis and Tangerine Dream sounds...I AB\'d the nord against the Virus at the guitar center, and I just didnt think the virus held up to it. of course I was just hearing the \"stock\" virus patches...and who knows... maybe some raver kid tweaked the virus on the showroom floor and messed up all the patches....for me the nord won.

My impression of the Virus was that the pads were not so spectacular. I liked it a lot though for basses and leads, very edgy and agressive.

Haven\'t gotten around to the Nord Lead 3, but my impression of previous Nords were that they were edgy as well. Same with the modular, although the flexibility with that is outstanding. The Nord 3 I\'ve heard is much different.

I currently use an Alesis Andromeda, which does very warm pads. The Supernova also can do some good \"pretty\" pads if that is your goal.

Go Back to forum