• Register
  • Help
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Topic: Why Stradivari and Gofriller are no longer available?

Share/Bookmark

Re: Why Stradivari and Gofriller are no longer available?

Are we allowed to sell our Stad and Cello to others. I will sell mine, if it is legal.

Quote Originally Posted by ab53 View Post
    Are we allowed to sell our Stad and Cello to others. I will sell mine, if it is legal.
    if you haven't sell yours, I'll be more than willing to pay

Cheers,

Sasha

I saw a video of a guy playing the Stradivari violin on a keyboard and it sounded great. Then I was disappointed to see that it was no longer available.

I'm curious if the Personal Orchestra's Stradivari violin is of the same quality as the one that was sold individually? If not then is there another competing product that would be comparable? I am working on a piano & violin composition and I'd like to get a good violin.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cunparis View Post
    I'm curious if the Personal Orchestra's Stradivari violin is of the same quality as the one that was sold individually? If not then is there another competing product that would be comparable? I am working on a piano & violin composition and I'd like to get a good violin.
    The fact that the Garritan Solo Stradivarius Violin was priced higher than the entire Garritan Personal Orchestra should give you some insight into that question.

Basically, GSSV gave you complete control over vibrato rate and depth, as well as a means of simulating a wide variety of bowstrokes via keyswitches. This is not possible with the GPO strad.

Gary and Co. have been working on a new version of Garritan Orchestral Strings (a seperate product from GPO) which will include a complete selection of solo string instruments. No word yet on when it will be released. If you can't wait, I'd suggest looking at Vienna Instruments, or perhaps XSample.
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

[Re: Why Stradivari and Gofriller are no longer available?] So how can I activate it?

I recently came across a buddy's DAW comp hard drive that he was getting rid of and asked if I wanted anything from it. Most of the plugs and whatnot were old and out-dated, but he did have Garritan Stradivari 2.0 and being a satisfied GPO 4 user, I checked it out. Pretty incredible! I really like the expressiveness of the controls and the Kontakt compatibility is great. So I pulled the GSS 2 from the drive, tossed it, and installed it on my computer. Figuring I had salvaged a nice VST from being scrapped, I've run into a problem. I can't activate it now on my system without an activation code in Kontakt and my friend no longer has any paperwork or packaging related to help me out. I can't seem to find any indication of it in the files either, unless I'm missing something. Garritan no longer supports it, and Native isn't much help either. Any suggestions as to what I can do here? I'm at a bit of a stalemate.

Thanks ahead of time to anyone who can help.

nigh on three years now since the extinction of the Gofriller and Strad.

so this elusive "soon", when is it likely to occur? generally speaking "soon" refers to a time span that is short. My concern at this point is that Garriten, through this incessant imposed wait, will end up losing customers as they move to alternate libraries. The Garritan name will also end up taking a beating. Many of those alternate libraries are currently far less expensive than they were 3 years ago.

Most of the recent string library releases are NOT notation software compatible.
    This has always been a strong selling point for Garritan products.
    Getting suggestions from people on this very forum to "not wait" and "try other companies' products" is also not a good sign.

From what I understand, one of the people responsible for the violin & cello libraries left Garritan and started a new company and this is why there is no replacement. I believe the new company, which I will not name here, is working on string instruments but it wasn't their priority for some reason.

Go Back to forum