• Register
  • Help

Topic: Siedlaszeck's extended classical defrag

Share/Bookmark

Siedlaszeck\'s extended classical defrag

I would like to arrange my gig-files on my hd so that large and demanding files (such as pianos) are physically placed in the beginnning of the drive (cause of better performance further from the centre of the disk),
    Does anyone now about such a system tool??
    Sort of a defrag with file priority facilities.

Freud, aka c3po

Re: Siedlaszeck\'s extended classical defrag

I must have missed something. How does this relate to Siedlaszeck\'s extended classical choir?

I haven’t used the current Norton Utilities, but that defrag used to offer such control.

Hi
    Im not sure how much difference putting frequently used giga files towards the front of the drive for better performance.But speaking from what I do know , in previous conversations with Nemesys they told me not to use any other disk defrager except the one thats built into windows because it could causes problems . And also that you should defrag before every session of giga or cakewalk especially if you are recording and deleting files .keep grooving ,Ken

Every session!! ?? That would take a couple of hours each time!

Hi!
    If you are using Windows 98, just program the \'task scheduler\' to defrag every night those days you plan to rewrite files on the hard drives. When you get up in the morning it\'s already done!

Hans

Yeah If your going to defrag like Hans said just program your computer to do it over night . Although personally it does seem a little excessive to defrag that often .Im sure you could get by with out doing it every session but I guess in theory you wont be getting the best performance from you hard drive .I was told that its most important to do it if you have been doing alot of recording and deleting . like if you in cakewalk or what ever recording program your using and you record a track then delete it and record again .If your just using giga sampler and playing sounds not deleting and editing them ,you would be fine not to defrag.

What if you use a completely dedicated HD for your .gig files only. Is there anything written onto this disk when using Gigasampler. Is there any reason to defrag it ever?

Go Back to forum