• Register
  • Help

Topic: Developer forum?

Share/Bookmark

Developer forum?

disregard

[This message has been edited by SCARBEE (edited 04-19-2002).]

Re: Developer forum?

I would think a more logical place for that would be on the Tascam forum?

Sure that depends on how many of you would like it. private or non private?

give us an email.

PaPa Chalk

disregard

Yup. Thomas is absolutely right. He wouldn\'t want us customers getting hot under the collar every time he tries to convince developers to sell at higher prices.

It has to be private.

Now, how about a private forum for the customers so that we don\'t have to listen to developers complaining every time we find fault in a library?

What about a private forum for people who only like strings, or guitar, or for people who only like single-layer Bongos?

Seriously, I think a private forum at Northern Sounds would only encourage rumor and maybe even accentuate the small percentage of backbiting that goes on.

Right now, the developers get as much from the customers as vice versa. Open discussion leads to better products and a stronger market.

Thomas posted today, encouraging a cartel. As is, customers like myself can leap in and start bleating and complaining about it, because I can read it.

If I\'d \'heard\' about it (which would happen in a \'split\' private NS) it would have seemed much more dastardly. Right now, we can all jump on Thomas and maybe he\'ll get the message that he is dead wrong about price fixing.

I think one of the best things about this forum is the fact that it is not a \'club\'.

I\'m not entirely sure that factionalizing it could benefit anyone. The developers can still contact each other by e-mail, or somewhere else, but I think a lot of the vibrancy would be lost.

You see! Here I go! Getting my neb in to a thread that is really not supposed to be for \'customers\' at all - what a pain.

I better stop posting for a while. I don\'t get a good vibe here. I was never suggesting a \"cartel\" or anything even close. Please don\'t get that impression.

Sorry

Bye...

actually... I remember a time when there was a private developer forum here...

what happened to that?

Honestly I think you guys should set up an EGroup or developer mailing list or something

------------------
    Really...I am an Idiot

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SCARBEE:
    I better stop posting for a while. I don\'t get a good vibe here. I was never suggesting a \"cartel\" or anything even close. Please don\'t get that impression.

Sorry

Bye...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bye Scarbee.

I\'m terribly sorry if I hurt your feelings. I didn\'t mean to at all.

What you suggested, however, was at least very close to a cartel. I went back to the thread because I felt bad about your reaction here: I thought maybe I\'d misinterpreted something. But you deleted your message.

Why would you do that?

When you return, maybe you could explain then exactly what you meant by appealing to Franky not to sell at \'low\' prices, and how it would hurt him (and did you say other developers as well? I can\'t remember now)?

Because I feel terribly guilty about this, and I certainly don\'t want to generate a negative vibe.

Not to mention that as a developer who frequents this forum, I might end up getting all sorts of abuse for scaring you away for a while.

I feel the same. I guess my comments in another post contributed in some way to Thomas deciding to leave.

Why can\'t everyone agree to disagree on this discussion board without getting their feelings hurt?

Why does every other discussion here have to either

a) turn into a war of words, where certain people try and start flame wars by mentioning family members etc (yeah, you know who you are...)

or

b) people feel they have to leave the board... and its always the nice people who say thay are leaving and never the people who you wish would leave (again... you know who you are)

[This message has been edited by Tokyo Joe (edited 04-19-2002).]

Go Back to forum