• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Grandioso

Share/Bookmark

Grandioso

Hi everyone,
    I have just received Michiel\'s Grandioso....and after several hours of playing, I must say it is everything I had hoped for...Beautiful tone and wonderfully expressive. A \"big\" rich, and resonant sound. A huge improvement on Steinway B, (my previous favorite),which in comparison, now sounds \"tinny\".
    Thanks Michiel...a job well done!
    (BTW I am using a Roland XV88 as a controller, played through Mackie HR824\'s)

I have also ordered Kip\'s Bosendorfer Imperial which I expect any day. aahhh...life is good :-))))

Re: Grandioso

I couldn\'t agree with you more on the Grandioso. It is warm and very expressive.

Which sample in the library do you use for solo work? Orchestral?

I am mainly using the stock 4 layer \"Grandioso Classic\" for jazz trio playing, and the 8 layer sustain program for solo work. Both excellent :-))
    Which do you prefer?

Hi guys,
    Thanks for the compliments!
    The library is now added to the TASCAM on-line shop.

Michiel

Hey Guys,

I know I\'ve said this before on another thread, but don\'t forget to try the 16 velocity patches. These are the only ones that can access the real \'ppp\' layer.

Chris

Chris,

The 16 layers sample is somewhat strange at the very top end (\'chunking sounding\'). Have you found this to be true?

Hi Rob,

I\'m not sure what you mean by \'chunking\'. Good word though! I\'ll have to play the 8 and 16 layers and compare. Thanks.

Chris

I know what you mean by the \"chunking\" sound in the 16 layer. After comparing all 16 instruments over several hours, I have settled on instrunent 0 PMI Steinway D classic. Next is the 8 layer with release. Both of these are very playable...

Mal7,

Good to hear I\'m not imagining it. Having said that - the \"classic\" pno simply is the most musical sampled piano on the market.

What do you \'hear\' as the difference with the classic and the 8 layer sustain?

Thanks

Rob

Hi Rob,
    Very negligible difference to my ear. I agree that the 16 layer is the least playable, due to the top register problem.
    The 8 layer has more velocity groups than the \"Classic\" so is probably more expressive and suited for classical/new age. I mainly play jazz piano, so will stick with the classic. So realistic, and a pleasure to play..
    And you? What style do you play, and what are your preferences?

Go Back to forum