• Register
  • Help

Topic: Yamaha CFIIIS Piano Samples anyone?

Share/Bookmark

Yamaha CFIIIS Piano Samples anyone?

I have several Giga piano samples. They are all good. But I am Asian and I must say there are lots of Asian and Japanese piano recordings that were made with Yamaha pianos. The Yamaha has a different sound from Steinway or Bosendorfer, and the recent recordings made from CFIIIS pianos I listened to were simply magical.

So, I think there is a huge gap to be filled in the Giga sample market. Are there any plans of making a Yamaha CFIIIS sample?

Re: Yamaha CFIIIS Piano Samples anyone?

Yes this is a great Piano!
    Any developers have this in the making? I have seen but few good sampled Yamaha Grands. Although Steinway has been proven to become the favorite samped Piano. I think that there is a need for a greater Yamaha and this Model is great! The Gigapiano is still one of the few Yamahas with all its flaws.

Time for a new Yamaha!

Kip = anyone?

I would be interested for sure if one of you developers could create this.

Caveman

Hey, Caveman,

What proof do you have that the Steinway has become the favorite sampled piano? I agree that a Steinway can be a great piano, but when you\'re talking samples there\'s a lot more than the piano itself involved.

I, and all of my associates as well, have tried all of the sampled pianos on the market and have a completely different opinion than yours. We\'ve found the sampled Bosendorfer Imperial to be our choice by far.

We use the Bosendorfer Imperial in all of our music productions, which includes classical, new age, pop, jazz or whatever the customer wants. It stands alone in a solo and stays clean in a mix. It\'s not just a sampled piano, playing the Bos. on a keyboard is pure joy.

If someone comes out with a great Yamaha, we\'ll give it a try, but until then it\'s still the Bos. for us.

Dr Hook Wrote:
    What proof do you have that the Steinway has become the favorite sampled piano?

Hi Dr. Hook, I did not mran proof among users, but rather developers. If you go to most Piano Libraries they almost all of the time have sampled the Steinway, such as Black and Whites for Unity, East West and many others. Therefore I am saying from a developers point of view it seems to be one of the favorites to sample. Now I have no doubt that Kips Library is one of the best, and am excited to see him sample the Baldwin Piano coming up. I just wish to hear someoe sample the Yamaha that was mentioned thats all.

I am glad you like Kips Bosendorfer and I hear it stands its ground very well in a Mix which is very important.

I was basically just responding to respho need, and I also see a need for the sampling of a new Yamaha.

Caveman

The concert piano CD from USB Spectrasonics (www.ilio.com) has 7 and 9ft Yamaha pianos sampled.

I think it\'s pretty good sounding too. You should check them out!

I just wanted to second a request for a top notch yamaha grand piano set.
    I need that killer studio piano sound!

I also would like to know this.

Rüdiger

I would also like to know this, as I love to hear a decent Yamaha Grand!

I agree with all of you above that there is a need for Yamaha Grands, and too many Steinways exist. Love the Yamaha, and am surprised it has not been sampled for Gigaformat, since Ilio, and Larry Seyers Gigapiano.

So put my name on this list for a Wish!!

Yamaha Grand Please!!!

Go Back to forum