• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Looking to buy a good soundcard...

Share/Bookmark

Looking to buy a good soundcard...

I am looking to buy a good soundcard that is compatible with a celeron processor (2.4GHZ), WIN98SE and GSIF (just incase there are limitations). I am using Creaitve Inspire 4.1 Speakers, I would like to be able to use them. I have $305 to spend on it and I would like to also get a decent midi keyboard.

Also, are the celeron processors compatible with GS160?

Thanks in advance,

Re: Looking to buy a good soundcard...

Can\'t say I recommend the Audiophile 2496 anymore.. the drivers are a mess, M-Audio can\'t get it stable. 5027 was pretty good actually.. 5029 (latest) is a joke, I had to downgrade to 5027 to reduce my crashes.

I hear people mention the Delta 66 a lot.. but I don\'t know much about it. I\'m sure others will have some detailed advice for you.

I am thinking of getting the Delta 44.

Hows the EWX24/96 Mastering Soundcard?

Howabout Delta 410 PCI Recording System.

Originally posted by Adam Frechette:
    Hows the EWX24/96 Mastering Soundcard?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I\'m using two, haven\'t had much problems with it, so it works *most* of the time. It\'s not flawless tho, sometimes the two boards I have start to crackle out of the blue and I have to restart Gigastudio to fix that (fortunately doens\'t happen often). Oh, and I\'m suspecting them of crashing my machines everytime I use the vsl repetitions. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Other than that, a decent card for the price I suppose.

Just picked up the Echo Audio MIA MIDI ($180.00). Sounds very good.

I have Echo Gina 24. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I love it. I have had no problems with it at all. It\'s about $50 more than your price range, but you should be fine with the Echo Mia/Midi. I am not thrilled with Echo tech support. Why do these music companies have such bad tech support? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Anyway I will always go with Echo or RME. I don\'t have time for soundcard issues. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

> 5029 (latest) is a joke

Hey Sam,

Did you use the Delta Uninstaller before installing 5029? That fixted all the problems I was having.

Go Back to forum