• Register
  • Help

Topic: MidiSpark music visualizer

Share/Bookmark

Post MidiSpark music visualizer

Hi all,

I posted this earlier in the GPO forums, but thought people here might be interested as well.

I've been developing a MIDI visualization application that might interest some people here to make instant groovy music videos of your tunes. It's highly customizable, allowing different styles, colors, and behavior on each track, and will synchronize a MIDI track with an audio track. Here's a little proof of concept video I uploaded to youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqzkhi9EXCI - showing one style across all tracks, and a mirrored visual

And a second demo with a number of new options running: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ej-CtPVKsH0 - showing multiple styles (one for each section of an orchestra) with time scrolling

The videos show two of my works put through an early alpha build of my MidiSpark application. The Midi and audio files were both exported as they were from Sonar without any further tweaking. The program attaches and synchronizes the two files. The video is processed from the midi file as the audio plays. Honestly, the uploaded videos do not do this justice, compared to seeing it play in real-time.

My plan is for completely customizable visualizations for each track in the midi file, including size, shape, color, movement and transparency of each represented note, as well as various graphical machinations. All style concepts will also be controllable via note-on velocities and controller information.

It's still in alpha testing, but I may be looking for beta testers soon.
    - Jamie Kowalski

All Hands Music - Kowalski on the web
    The Ear Is Always Correct - Writings on composition

Re: MidiSpark music visualizer

Skysaw,
    Thanks. It rocks--watching the youtubes brings a smile to my face.
    Cheers,
    Chris

Re: MidiSpark music visualizer

Thanks Chris!

First beta coming soon... watch this space!
    - Jamie Kowalski

Thumbs up MidiSpark beta 1.0 available

Announcement

MidiSpark beta 1.0 (PC) is now available for those wishing to give this a little test-drive. It's about a 2MB zip file, and includes the demo "Suddenly Moths," as well as a user's guide for creating custom videos with your own music.

Please message me with your email address if you wish to participate, and I will send you a copy.
    - Jamie Kowalski

Re: MidiSpark beta 1.0 available

Quote Originally Posted by Skysaw View Post
    Announcement

MidiSpark beta 1.0 (PC) is now available for those wishing to give this a little test-drive. It's about a 2MB zip file, and includes the demo "Suddenly Moths," as well as a user's guide for creating custom videos with your own music.

Please message me with your email address if you wish to participate, and I will send you a copy.
    man pleaseee i want this software
    would you please me a link where i can download it
    plzzz
    thanks soo much !!

Question MidiSpark music visualizer

Hi Skysaw,

Could you send me a copy of the MIDISpark software? I was going to try it out with my new Sonuus Guitar to MIDI box....could be fun. I was then going to post the experiment on the Drawing Research Network as a visual experiment at www.drawing-research-network.org.uk as well as posting on my own experimental YouTube account. I can send you the results when I ve tried it out. I appreciate this thread was started 5 years ago so you may not be sending this software. My platform is XP and my MIDI software is Reason 4.0.

Thanks in advance,

Pete Simcoe
    www.simcoe.co.uk
    www.audio-echo.co.uk

Go Back to forum