• Register
  • Help

Topic: WHAT DO I NEED TO RECORD GUITAR LIVE VIA SOUND CARD?

Share/Bookmark

WHAT DO I NEED TO RECORD GUITAR LIVE VIA SOUND CARD?

Hello everyone, I was just currious if i wanted to plug in a guitar somehow and have it play along with a track what kinds of stuff would i need? i do not have any fancy equipment only sonar XL, gigastudio, and m-audio audiophile sound card. I\'m building a new setup though withen the next month and may get a better sound card. What do ya suggest? Thanks!!

Seth

Re: WHAT DO I NEED TO RECORD GUITAR LIVE VIA SOUND CARD?

Are you talking about Acoustic or Electric? at the very least you would need a decent mic and a preamp. THe m-audio cards do not recommend you directly plugging in a mic to the card.

Cheers, Scott.

yes it\'s an acoustic guitar, I was afraid I\'d have to purchase a mic too. Ok So if i have to record the guitar via mic I do not think I\'m currently able to do what i want and get the effect I\'m looking for. I do have a pretty deccent sample library of the strat guitar and I\'m kinda debating on Hans zimmer Vol. 2 as well. i knew the audiophile card would not work for what i wanted but i was unsure if i could record the guitar somehow without having to use a mic set up. i was thinking of somehow like you would on a keyboard and sending midi through midi cables, since thats usually how I work, but I\'m very new at the larger project stuff. Thanks for the info.

Seth

Well M-Audio Recommends an Audio Buddy that is a preamp for any microphone, Guitar and Base Guitar

Go Back to forum