• Register
  • Help

Topic: Echo MIA..... could this be my problem?????

Share/Bookmark

Re: Echo MIA..... could this be my problem?????

Gary,
    When you are having this latency problem do you still have the same latency if you play on the GigaStudio keyboard? If there was no difference, that should rule out your sequencer/midi interface..

Though this shouldn\'t happen with the old drivers, you might want to install the new Mia drivers - I think new as of March of 2003.

Does it make a difference when you have the Mia mixer running?

When you are having this problem do a CTRL?ALT?DEL and look at what tasks are running then compare that to a list you have made when all is well.

Sorry no answers but maybe some actions to help narrow down the problem.

Hello Craig, thanks for your response. I haven\'t thought of using the \"GigaStudio\'s keyboard\" to check on the latency problem. That\'s a good idea! Then, I could kinda narrow it down a little more. Also, I guess the newest driver for MIA might help too... I\'ll check it out. Yes, a Cont/Atl/Del would be a good way to check on the \"tasks\" that are running when the problem occurs... I will give it a try also. Here\'s the strangest thing... I just finished working with GigaStudio for 2 hours and there was absolutely no problem up till about 10 minutes ago... when it suddenly started happening again. I appreciate your help very much and will hopefully get this thing worked out real soon. Wish me luck! Thanks, Gary Thomas

Echo MIA..... could this be my problem?????

Hello everyone, I have been having a problem with latency on my GigaStudio 160 recently..... The only thing is that is does not happen all the time. Sometimes there is ZERO latency and it works great. At other times, I have a split second delay time. It really is mysterious how it comes and goes. Do any of you know if Echo MIA could be causing this problem. I have tried all the settings in GigaStudio and that doesn\'t make a difference. Let me know if any of you have heard of any problems with MIA. The computer is brand new and was custom built to run GigaStudio. There\'s plenty of drivespace, memory and a Pentium 4 processor. There may be a simple answer to the latency problem.... I hope so anyway. Thanks for your help! Gary Thomas

I have had strange latency problems with the Mia, though luckily not affecting Giga. When playing games or interactive software with audio, there is often, but not always, a noticeable delay or latency. The card on the whole as been a dissapointment for me. The intermittent ticks which require me to remove the mixer form the taskbar is a huge drag, the latency issues, and frequent driver failures (yes they are current). I\'m stuck with it for now...

Originally posted by pianojoe:
    I have had strange latency problems with the Mia, though luckily not affecting Giga. When playing games or interactive software with audio, there is often, but not always, a noticeable delay or latency. The card on the whole as been a dissapointment for me. The intermittent ticks which require me to remove the mixer form the taskbar is a huge drag, the latency issues, and frequent driver failures (yes they are current). I\'m stuck with it for now...
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">What driver version you are using? Have you Windows 98 or XP/2000?
    This is quite unsusual, Echos drivers are very stabile and their driver development
    are one of the best! I have just purchased Mia a month ago and have had no problems in Win XP , nada! And latency is fine in both Giga and Sonar.

Go Back to forum