• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Rumor Dept: Apple overhauling Logic to be a ProTools killer?

Share/Bookmark

Rumor Dept: Apple overhauling Logic to be a ProTools killer?

I ran across this on Arstechnica
    "Basically the rumor is this: There will be no Logic 8. The successor to Logic 7 will have a new name. The unnamed application will be 10.5 only and will work with a new line of touch sensitive Apple displays. Also, it will be an OMG PROTOOLS KILLER!@!! "
    Read about the rumor here:
    http://arstechnica.com/journals/appl...2007/2/27/7253

We'll know soon if this is just rumor. Hard to imagine that this will kill Pro Tools.

Re: Rumor Dept: Apple overhauling Logic to be a ProTools killer?

It will probably be a DP killer too (and I'm a DP diehard). But they really do need to overhaul that interface otherwise the only one they'll kill is themselves.

I'd like to see Apple try. Now I use both Logic ANd Pro Tools. Ironically I just got through studying the Dvorin Advanced Logic Pro 7 chapter on audio editing.
    I have used Pro tools long time and after completeing the chapter using the marquee tool and the waveform editing escercises I felt like, 'Man this is what Pro Tools is for.'
    Maybe it's just me, but Pro Tools has the audio editing thing down pretty bone simple. But as usual I guess it's about which app you feel comfortable with.
    I think they're both excellent apps. I like midi in one thing and editing/mixing in another. In Logic I do enjoy have audio, and samples, along with my midi data, but when it comes to hard core audio editing, I enjoy Pro Tools. Perhaps I'm too old shool.
    Sincerely,

Jonathan
    www.hollandaudio.com

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP
    I think they're both excellent apps. I like midi in one thing and editing/mixing in another. In Logic I do enjoy have audio, and samples, along with my midi data, but when it comes to hard core audio editing, I enjoy Pro Tools. Perhaps I'm too old shool.
    I'm a Logic user and i think i can safely say that among Logic-users, its pretty well accepted that PT is a far superior as an audio recorder/editor. OTOH Logic is untouchable as a compositional tool with its seamless integration of midi and its plethora of plugs and soft synths.
    And on the Mac side, DP seems to sit somewhere in the middle.
    As for the rumours, I never pay them too much attention. Besides, even if it were possible, Apple would have as much to lose as to gain by crushing PT.
    JP

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    I ran across this on Arstechnica
    "Basically the rumor is this: There will be no Logic 8. The successor to Logic 7 will have a new name. The unnamed application will be 10.5 only and will work with a new line of touch sensitive Apple displays. Also, it will be an OMG PROTOOLS KILLER!@!! "
    Read about the rumor here:
    http://arstechnica.com/journals/appl...2007/2/27/7253

We'll know soon if this is just rumor. Hard to imagine that this will kill Pro Tools.
    Well, as that article states, this rumor started on the GS forum and it was started by someone making their first post at the forum. He also said that the new app wouldn't have the environment. I've been thinking about moving to an Intel Mac and Logic and one of the reasons is that I want access to the routing and programming capabilities of the environment. I'll be waiting to see what Apple has planned.

Should be an interesting year...

Quote Originally Posted by jimmymio
    OTOH Logic is untouchable as a compositional tool with its seamless integration of midi and its plethora of plugs and soft synths.
    JP
    Recant!

(Cubase stand triumphant on the heads of it's defeated enemies!)

Everybody wants to be a Pro Tools killer.

- G

The only thing that will kill PT, and all those users who have spend many thousands on the hardware, is when Digi moves away from PC and Mac and goes to a totally proprietary system. Now didn't I hear an industry rumour about that?

Digi has also shored up its sales by the acquisition of Sibelius, which gives it access to the huge education market. This is where Cubase is currently king, but a combination of PT, Sibelius and cheap crapola M-Audio hardware should prove to be a winning combination for schools.

Logic has got no chance as a killer of anything, no matter how good some people think it is, because it only runs on a minority platform. Now if Apple was to re-instate the PC version......!

D

that's nothing they have blue prints to some new apps there working on and gear that is supposed to take apple to a whole new level for music intergration. hmm windows what's happen'n?
    All I can Say is...HA!...HA!...HAAAAAAA!!!!!

Cubase, Schmubase....

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast