• Register
  • Help

Topic: Assignments #1-C

Share/Bookmark

Assignments #1-C

Here is Tony H's latest assignment:

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...blems1c001.mp3

Thanks Tony for sending this in and keep up the good work.

Gary Garritan

Re: Assignments #1-C

that's my version

http://downgrade89.altervista.org/assing1c_128.mp3

maybe the sound isn't so good (because of the finale gpo), however, here's the initial part of the score

to solve the problems of the resonance in the bass, i wrote the bass part for another cello (divisi), in pp, and than i added the harp to do that part (to have a different timbre

then, i eliminated the legato, and used the appoggiatura (i only know the italian term ) to avoid the singing of the strings...

let me know what you think of this solution...

Downgrade,

My thoughts are..
    1)You should mark your score how you want it to be played. Get a music dictionary, do not leave your score without all the markings. Even you will forget how things are to be played after enough time passes.
    2)I think doubling the celli the way you did with the bass is counter productive. My feeling is having the bass play pizz all by itself will do the job fine. I'm going to stay tuned because I think better solutions will be revealed.

I like your work.

Quote Originally Posted by nova.music
    Downgrade,

My thoughts are..
    1)You should mark your score how you want it to be played. Get a music dictionary, do not leave your score without all the markings. Even you will forget how things are to be played after enough time passes.
    2)I think doubling the celli the way you did with the bass is counter productive. My feeling is having the bass play pizz all by itself will do the job fine. I'm going to stay tuned because I think better solutions will be revealed.

I like your work.
    1) thank you for the advice, i'll keep it in mind
    2) i didn't doubled the cello with the bass, i just wrote two solution
    Celli+Bass OR 2 Celli divisi

i'm waiting for other solutions (surely better than mine) too...

--Another thing. Your harp idea was good, but got lost because of how you ochestrated it. Perhaps holding the harp out in the begining and bringing in a new texture with it later would be something to explore.
    I think you were closer with the earlier pizz version. That was a really good version.

Someone mentioned earlier that the Harp might have problems with this piece because harmony/pedal issues. So here is a good reason to have 2 harps..

Go Back to forum