• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Travels

Share/Bookmark

Travels

I have a busy few days coming up - travelling what is considered the full length of Britain - John O'Groats to Lands End!

On Thursday morning I will be arriving at John O'Groats and then driving through Edinburgh, then Meriden (the officially recognised Centre of England) and then on to Land's End arriving on Sunday morning.

All being well, I will get photos taken at the start, finish and along the route - I'm taking my stylish GPO t-shirt with me which I will try to get into every shot.

Off-topic I know, but this will explain my absence from the forum for a while
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

Re: Travels

Have fun. Post some photos when you get back.

Tom

Thumbs up Re: Travels

Yes, happy travels to you and do indeed post some pictures!
    Styxx

Cool Re: Travels

Cool vacation! I have always wanted to go to Lands End. Yes pics will be welcome, don't accidently drop your camera off a cliff.

Thanks for the good wishes, Guys.

I decided to bring my laptop with me and try to find some WiFi internet access points along the way. As you could easily guess - I've had success.

Progress so far?

Photos?

I'm going to do start some sort of blog later on tonight that I'll link to.

But in brief, starting from Birmingham (central England) I have travelled upto Glasgow, via Carlisle - and have just now arrived in Inverness - about 500 miles from my starting point. First thing tomorrow (Thursday) I carry on North up to John O'Groats to start my journey proper. For the geography afficionados amongst you, I can confirm that I will be popping into Dunnets Head which actually is the most Northerly point on mainland Britain.

I have taken some photos on the way up - lovely scenery - and if I can get them off my camera and onto a server somewhere, I'll link to them as well.

Anyway - off to the hostelry next door for a relaxing pie and a pint!

Seeya later
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

travelling what is considered the full length of Britain
    Well? Didja get there and back already? That's just about a hop skip and a jump aint it gov?
    Styxx

Internet access time about to run out !

Here are a few pickies I managed to upload:

www.stradjazz.com/Scotland/JoGroatsBoard.jpg

www.stradjazz.com/Scotland/FatBoy.jpg
    www.stradjazz.com/Scotland/HornyCow.jpg

I am now in Edinburgh - aboutone third of the trip done.
    Richard N.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard N.
    Anyway - off to the hostelry next door for a relaxing pie and a pint!

Seeya later
    You Brits combine pie with beer? Auuugggggghhhhhhh! Shudder, choke, gasp, wheeze, gag...

(Or could that be kidney pie?) If that's the case then...shudder, choke, gasp, wheeze, gag...

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Mince pie (not the Christmas kind), mutton pie, steak & kidney pie, then we go to local chip shop and get deep fried pizza, haggis in batter, black pudding in batter, sausages in batter and deep fried Mars Bar.

If yer rich you go for Chinese or Indian (my favourite).

Scotland leads the world in heart disease

Richard, enjoy yer trip. I wish you had time in Glasgow to stop for a pint but then again I guess yer driving. More pics please.

Quote Originally Posted by tmonaghan

Mince pie (not the Christmas kind), mutton pie, steak & kidney pie, then we go to local chip shop and get deep fried pizza, haggis in batter, black pudding in batter, sausages in batter and deep fried Mars Bar.

Scotland leads the world in heart disease
    It's amazing Idi Amin lived as long as he did...

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Go Back to forum