• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Topic: New member

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    New member

    Hello,
    I'm new member in Forum and I would like to introduce myself with few words. I'm interested in midi composing and midi tecknology. Melody and simplicity are essentials of my music. Instead of description here is file which represents what I'm doing.
    http://www.glamator.com/PIANO THEME.mp3
    Thank you for your time.

  2. #2

    Re: New member

    Welcome to the forum! And thank you for sharing your music from Croatia. I really liked the way you used the strings in the background throughout your music. While I personally prefer more complex music every style has its place and special qualities and all must be respected.

    I don't know what software you are using but I would consider adding a bit of reverb to everything to smooth things out. Violins in my opinion really cry out for lots of reverb. The oboe was quite thin and mechanical as well and could use reverb or maybe trying a different set of samples. Again I don't know what software you have access to.

    Thanks for sharing and welcome!

  3. #3

    Re: New member

    A very warm welcome, Glamator!

    Very nice work on this, the writing, with its
    touch of sadness, regret, and inevitability.

    Forum:

    For those having difficulty with the link,
    try here: link

    Del's comments about a little more finesse
    and nuance with recording techniques are
    well taken, Glamator; but not to worry!
    With time and a little practice, these finer
    points rapidly come under control.

    Keep it coming!

    My best,


    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .

  4. #4

    Re: New member

    If regret were a sound it would sound like this. Really loved it, it makes my mind float away into the past. Thanks for sharing, and welcome!

  5. #5

    Re: New member

    Quote Originally Posted by DelCarry
    Welcome to the forum! And thank you for sharing your music from Croatia. I really liked the way you used the strings in the background throughout your music. While I personally prefer more complex music every style has its place and special qualities and all must be respected.

    I don't know what software you are using but I would consider adding a bit of reverb to everything to smooth things out. Violins in my opinion really cry out for lots of reverb. The oboe was quite thin and mechanical as well and could use reverb or maybe trying a different set of samples. Again I don't know what software you have access to.

    Thanks for sharing and welcome!
    Thank you for comment and your suggestions. I've re-recorded oboe and violin at the end and put more reverb although everything was recorded with lite reverb but very small amount of reverb just to make it little wider. I'm using Cubase with Emu 1820m sound card.

  6. #6

    Re: New member

    Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    A very warm welcome, Glamator!

    Very nice work on this, the writing, with its
    touch of sadness, regret, and inevitability.

    Forum:

    For those having difficulty with the link,
    try here: link

    Del's comments about a little more finesse
    and nuance with recording techniques are
    well taken, Glamator; but not to worry!
    With time and a little practice, these finer
    points rapidly come under control.

    Keep it coming!

    My best,


    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .
    Thank you for your post and your time.I've tried to correct file. I hope it will be better.
    Sincerely yours,
    Glamator

  7. #7

    Re: New member

    Quote Originally Posted by Sleutelbos
    If regret were a sound it would sound like this. Really loved it, it makes my mind float away into the past. Thanks for sharing, and welcome!
    Thank you for very kind words. I'll be back soon.

  8. #8

    Re: New member

    Quote Originally Posted by Glamator
    Hello,
    I'm new member in Forum and I would like to introduce myself with few words. I'm interested in midi composing and midi tecknology. Melody and simplicity are essentials of my music. Instead of description here is file which represents what I'm doing.
    http://www.glamator.com/PIANO THEME.mp3
    Thank you for your time.
    Something was wrong with my link. Here is link once again.
    http://www.glamator.com/PIANO THEME.mp3

  9. #9

    Re: New member

    I like the simplicity of this song. It sounds like the type of song someone would go around humming. Nice job.
    -Jay

  10. #10

    Re: New member

    Hello new friend from Zagreb,

    first time try, first time forum, first time sadness written in music, .... welcome with your simple melody full of passion. Next time something more joyfull, please . But this sounds really good. Go on posting.

    Raymond

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •