• Register
  • Help

Topic: Chopin Etude op10 no4

Share/Bookmark

Chopin Etude op10 no4

Using GPO Steinway, working with Overture. He was a master of writing Etudes! Hope i do it some justice.

http://hem.bredband.net/marsvin/Chopin10_4.mp3

Thomas.

Re: Chopin Etude op10 no4

Nice job, Tocca! And you're right, Chopin was,
    indeed, the God of the Etude, none better
    before or since.

I might suggest a little more leisure with tempo
    in places; and a little more variance of it.

Quite an undertaking, and quite well done!

With applause,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Thomas,

That's one smoking Etude. I agree with David, none to beat Chopin yet.

Gary

www.garybricault.com

Great job on this Tocca! A very well rendered and enjoyable etude!
    Bill
    Never look at the trombones. It only encourages them. Richard Strauss

My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri
    The History of Studebaker

Thanks everyone. I agree somewhat David, it could use some tempo variations. But then again, it IS an etude... i would play it pretty straightforward myself (although at present, be it at half tempo or so )
    Nah i shouldn't put myself down too much, i have played the piano for lots of years... but this is above my league nonetheless.

I will get back to this one and see if i can enhance it, just need a break. It was a lot of notes to get right, and sharps/naturals/doublesharps everywhere. Somehow it's easier to see it when sitting at the piano.

I might work on some other of Chopins etudes, maybe i'll aim to be the first to render them all in GPO That'd be quite a feat.

Quote Originally Posted by Tocca
    Thanks everyone. I agree somewhat David, it could use some tempo variations. But then again, it IS an etude... i would play it pretty straightforward myself (although at present, be it at half tempo or so )
    Nah i shouldn't put myself down too much, i have played the piano for lots of years... but this is above my league nonetheless.

I will get back to this one and see if i can enhance it, just need a break. It was a lot of notes to get right, and sharps/naturals/doublesharps everywhere. Somehow it's easier to see it when sitting at the piano.

I might work on some other of Chopins etudes, maybe i'll aim to be the first to render them all in GPO That'd be quite a feat.
    Thomas,

It is an immense task to get all of the notes entered correctly and detailed. I have put a number of large scale clarinet solo works up here recently and I can tell you that patience and accuracy are the two biggest factors in pulling it off. You are to an excellent start and I look forward to hearing more of your output here.

Gary

www.garybricault.com

Wow! My principal is trombone... I think that there are more notes in this quick 1:59 than I play in an entire season with my local orchestra.

This sounded awesome and I'd love to hear this again side by side with the new Garritan Steinway, when it comes out.
    Experience what is necessary to build upon self character, for that is Life's most significant learning event.

Go Back to forum