• Register
  • Help

Topic: O.T. Snowed IN

Share/Bookmark

O.T. Snowed IN

Well, here it is, Saturday night in Northeastern Illinois.

In a strange circumstance of scheduling, I had to work the weekend at the hotel.

Well, with the weather being as bad as it is, I am stuck here. (at least I work at a hotel with rooms to stay in, right? ) We are experiencing really bad snow/ice storms with high winds.

I went home from work today and then came back early to make sure I would still be able to be here in time to work. Well, it looks like tomorrow won't be any better - worse in fact. So - I'll be stuck here again.

I shouldn't complain - no tornadoes here.

I guess this gives me more time to work on my music.

Jerry
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Re: O.T. Snowed IN

Yikes, where did that mess of snow come from?!

Stay safe, Jerry!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Wow! Stay warm Jerry.
    I was complaining about it being windy here, but guess now i have had an adjusted perspective.

Stay warm and comfortable and how else could you be in a hotel with your music? Right?

And, if those who read this haven't seen "An Inconvenient Truth" with Al Gore, you should view this documentary (100 minutes) as it deals with GLOBAL WARMING which is responsible for our weather changes (larger and more ferocious storms, flooding, tornadoes, hurricanes, typhoons, etc.). This documentary is a MUST SEE for everyone. I just shrugged off global warming until I saw the facts presented in this short film. Kept my attention all the way through. Amazing scientific facts about how fast our planet is headed in the wrong direction.............

This documentary (DVD) can be located at your public library.

Write about the snow, Jerry (its falling, build-up, decomposition, etc.). Could be a good programme piece..............

Jack
    Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Jerry,

Hope you made it home okay. It was pretty nasty last night.

Jeff

Hi GPO Group,

8-10 and ice forecasted for us in Delaware. The snow is really coming down. We went to the farm to bring our horses in. Of course, they wanted to stay out and play....

Be safe,
    Francis
    Bela D Media | www.BelaDMedia.com

Snow is wonderful if I can view it from the window of an airplane! No snow here, just some rain, and some ferocious gusty wind. My wind chimes are getting a good workout.

Richard

The snow ... oh!
    Do what us Beefalonians do during a storm ... getchaself a six pack, stay warm, and play some board games. Or, better yet, compose some new music for us thar mate!
    Snow ... indeed. So?

Stay warm pal!
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by rwayland
    My wind chimes are getting a good workout.

Richard
    good one Richard!

Dan

Hi Folks,

I was able to get home on Sunday for a few hours, spent some time with my wife and child, and then returned to the hotel in the early evening. (I still had to work that night and needed to make sure I was able to be there.)

We had lots of snow and rain/mixed. It would snow, and then rain - and then freeze - and then snow on top of that. The roads were TERRIBLE.

I actually got to work on some music Saturday. It was nice. But, Allison and Claire both had the flu, and so I was worried for them. All-in-all, not a pleasant weekend. But, we all survived and things are good now.

Global Warming? hmmm. Not going to get into the political aspects of that debate. (and heavens knows I think this forum is NOT the place to be having it) Global temps have indeed risen, but for every authortative scientist who says mankind has a hand in it, there is another, equally qualified, who says that is not the case and that the earth is going through a natural warming cycle. I remember in the 80's several convincing scientists were predicting a mini ice-age would be upon us in the mid 90s. and another prediction was that we would have no breatheable air in major cities by the year 2005. In places like China, that has started to happen. So go figure.

I guess some of these things depend upon whom you choose to accept as your authority. Al Gore says we are responsible for global warming. A lot of people, including several eminent scientists, agree with him. Then there are lots of people who disagree with him. My mind has not been made up quite yet. (and again - this is not the place to debate this important topic).

Anyway - Please take care, you guys out in the east! Sometimes it gets WORSE for you as these storms pick up more moisture from the Great Lakes.

Jerry
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Go Back to forum