• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: To whomever is in charge of this forum...

Share/Bookmark

To whomever is in charge of this forum...

Please give us the ability to delete our own threads when there are no responses to them. It is frustrating to put forth a lot of effort in writing something, posting it here and have not one single response. I would like to have the ability to delete my thread and be done with it.

Also, please allow us to put TWO SPACES between sentences for clarity. When I attempt to do this, one of the spaces is automatically deleted when I post, thereby jamming sentences closely together.

Thank you,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: To whomever is in charge of this forum...

Hi Larry (btw, how are you now?)
    Actually, Cubase.net doesn't allow 2 consecutive spaces either. (does it use the same forum engine?). But it does allow to delete, so long as there is no post after it.
    (btw, bravo! for the grammatically-correct "to whomever".. all too rare nowadays! )
    Cubase 5.1 | Cubase 4.5.2 | Digital Performer 7.0 | Mac OSX 10.5.8 || Mac "MDD" dual 1GB | 1.75GB RAM | MOTU PCI-424/2408mk3 | MOTU MidiTimepice AV

Hi Larry, I can only address one of your requests,
    one thing you could do is type a period where you want the addtional space, and change the color of it to white. Not a very convenient workaround, but a workaround never....the....less

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by vic_france
    Hi Larry (btw, how are you now?)
    Actually, Cubase.net doesn't allow 2 consecutive spaces either. (does it use the same forum engine?). But it does allow to delete, so long as there is no post after it.
    (btw, bravo! for the grammatically-correct "to whomever".. all too rare nowadays! )
    Bon jour, Monsieur Vic, (Did I spell Monsieur correctly?)

I am trying to recover from radiation treatments for prostate cancer. Thanks for asking.

From day one in school I was taught to put two spaces between sentences for clarity and to give the reader's eyes a "break". This forum doesn't presently allow that. It's frustrating.

Regards,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN
    Hi Larry, I can only address one of your requests,
    one thing you could do is type a period where you want the addtional space, and change the color of it to white. Not a very convenient workaround, but a workaround never....the....less

Dan
    I have previously been doing the space thing using the method you mentioned but it's a drudgery with which we shouldn't have to contend.

Thanks, Mr. Dan.

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander
    it's a drudgery with which we shouldn't have to contend.

Larry
    I agree Larry

Note that HTML automatically collapses *all* whitespace (including multiples) to one space. If you're viewing it in a web browser, there's no choice.

(Well, unless you're specifically using an explicit non-breaking space escape sequence (   ) but most forum software filters out such codes as to avoid 'dirty tricks' that mess up screen formatting in general.)

(EDIT: Oh, one other exception for <pre> blocks, but again forums typically disallow them, and it's harder to read in general)

- m
    Free MFX and other plugins: http://www.TenCrazy.com/
    Markleford's music: http://www.markleford.com/music/

Quote Originally Posted by Markleford
    Note that HTML automatically collapses *all* whitespace (including multiples) to one space. If you're viewing it in a web browser, there's no choice.

(Well, unless you're specifically using an explicit non-breaking space escape sequence ( &nbsp; ) but most forum software filters out such codes as to avoid 'dirty tricks' that mess up screen formatting in general.)

(EDIT: Oh, one other exception for <pre> blocks, but again forums typically disallow them, and it's harder to read in general)

- m
    I can write a little music, but HTML is pretty much "Greek" to me.

Thanks for the explanation.

Regards,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

1..........2..........3..........4..........5..........6..........7..........8..........9

Well,.....that's.....one.....way.....to.....do.....it!.....

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander
    Please give us the ability to delete our own posts when there are no responses to them. It is frustrating to put forth a lot of effort in writing something, posting it here and have not one single response. I would like to have the ability to delete my post and be done with it.

Larry G. Alexander
    Well, it is possible to delete your own posts. I have done so, very recently. But my first attempt failed. I tried again, making an entry in the reason for deletion box, and it worked.

Richard

Go Back to forum