• Register
  • Help

Topic: Winter blas and NOTION remedy

Share/Bookmark

Winter blas and NOTION remedy

Maybe it's just me but whenever I turn on my computer these days and boot up Digital Performer, assign my sample libs to MIDI tracks, and write some material it just doesn't sound good. This un-inspired reaction probably comes from the winter blas and all that. But I guess my patience for the technical side of things has wained.

The other night I turned on NOTION, added a couple of instrument tracks and started composing. No assigning channels. No searching for this whole tone trill, that sul ponticello string patch. Just composing. Plotting in notes, adding phrasing, articulations, and dynamics, then listening to the playback. What joy! Since I came up with my little piece for saxophones and small orchestra, I have been composing more of it in my head on the way to my day job, doing the dishes, etc.

in fact, as I type this post, I wish I were home on NOTION adding more to my new piece.

So there it is folks- the cure for the winter blas is....NOTION!

-Dave

Re: Winter blas and NOTION remedy

Dave, your check is in the mail*.

*There is no check in the mail.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Windsor
    Dave, your check is in the mail*.

*There is no check in the mail.
    No money needed anyhow. But I would love to get my grubby hands on the Solo Strings Kit!

Quote Originally Posted by davecos
    No money needed anyhow. But I would love to get my grubby hands on the Solo Strings Kit!
    Oh, Dave, I'm so sorry. The Solo Strings Kit has an extremely sophisticated Anti-Grub security feature. Please accept my apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Windsor
    Oh, Dave, I'm so sorry. The Solo Strings Kit has an extremely sophisticated Anti-Grub security feature. Please accept my apologies.
    No problems Jason. I just used an anti-bacterial soap to thoroughly cleanse my hands. Now they are clean and ready for the Solo Strings Kit. Please send to me Express Post or better yet, Overnight Courier. You have my address on file. In exchange, I promise to write something far superior than that hack Schubert's Death & the Maiden. I'll even give you the copyright so you can use it to garner sales for the kit when it's released.

I'm serious!

Go Back to forum