• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Topic: Piano Samples Won’t Load in Gigastudio…Please Help

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Piano Samples Won’t Load in Gigastudio…Please Help

    I purchased 3 piano sample libraries from SampleTekk in DVD format. The Bosendorfer 290, The White Grand, and The Black Grand Close.

    When I attempt to load a GSI file into the Gigastudio MIDI mixer it begins to load but prior to completing the load I get an error. All of my other samples are working fine.

    I originally got a GSDLL Error dialog box indicating “Unknown System Error” and sometimes a follow up dialog box indicating “unable to allocate the memory required to download the instrument”. Now I’m just getting an “Error when downloading instruments“ dialog box with “Unknown System Error”.

    My system is tweaked with Tascam’s recommendations for XP & Gigastudio except disabling system restore and my system specs are below. I see no reason why I should be having issues. Has anyone experienced this problem?

    Thank you,

    Joy

    System Specs:

    HARDWARE
    Motherboard: Asus A8V Deluxe
    BIOS: version 1014.008
    Chipset: VIA
    CPU: AMD 64 Processor 3500+ (Speed - 2202 MHz)
    RAM: 2 GB (Corsair 2*1GB modules DDR400 2.5 CAS)
    Audio: RME HDSP 9632 (version 2.94.3 12/15/05)
    Video: NVIDIA Geforce FX 5200
    System drive C:\ - 80 GB
    Audio Drive E:\ - 600 GB
    DVD D:\ – Pioneer DVD-RW DVR109

    SOFTWARE:
    OS: Windows XP Home Edition version 5.1.2600 SP2
    Sampler: GS3 Orchestra 3.21.2390

    Controller: Kurzweil K2500
    Controller: Edirol PCR-50

  2. #2

    Re: Piano Samples Won’t Load in Gigastudio…Please Help

    Hi Joy,

    It sounds like a "memory allocation" issue... it's not enough to have enough physical memory installed in your computer, but Windows and Giga also must be able to allocate samples into your available memory...

    Have you tried all five of the "default" memory settings available to you in Giga's Configuration Manager?

    If you have, and you get the same errors when trying to load your SampleTekk pianos, you may want to make use of a "Memory Optimization Tool" that was generously made available by its creator, a fellow named "Mattias" (search for his name).

    I could not load either of my SampleTekk pianos in Giga until I randomly hit upon the right combination of values using Mattias' app.

    This thread may offer a little more insight:

    http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=48286

    Good luck!

    .
    .
    .
    — alanb

    ...........................

    http://alanb.org

    http://www.myspace.com/arsperspicuus

  3. #3

    Re: Piano Samples Won’t Load in Gigastudio…Please Help

    Quote Originally Posted by alanb
    Hi Joy,

    It sounds like a "memory allocation" issue... it's not enough to have enough physical memory installed in your computer, but Windows and Giga also must be able to allocate samples into your available memory...

    Have you tried all five of the "default" memory settings available to you in Giga's Configuration Manager?

    If you have, and you get the same errors when trying to load your SampleTekk pianos, you may want to make use of a "Memory Optimization Tool" that was generously made available by its creator, a fellow named "Mattias" (search for his name).

    I could not load either of my SampleTekk pianos in Giga until I randomly hit upon the right combination of values using Mattias' app.

    This thread may offer a little more insight:

    http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=48286

    Good luck!

    .
    .
    .
    Thanks Alanb. I have not tried all five of the default memory settings available nor the memory optimization tool. Great tips! I really appreciate you bringing this up and thanks again for your time.

    All the best,

    Joy

  4. #4

    Re: Piano Samples Won’t Load in Gigastudio…Please Help

    This probably is not the solution to your problems..however..There are different dvd formats in different parts of the world. It is possible that you have a dvd format that is not correctly recognized by your computer's operating system,software or dvd player.
    Are you trying to load just one piano at a time..sometimes if you don't expand the directory by clicking the little "+" sign it loads all the pianos at one time.
    Reread the first 40 pages of the instruction manual to see if you missed any setup items.
    Sounds like it is trying to allocate the entire 3 gig sample onto your ram's memory stack ..open up task manager and see what it says under the performance section..i.e. memory available..
    Did you get giga format dvd samples? are they dvds for a mac..could be mac and not say so on the dvd!
    Go to start>control panel >system tools>administrative tools>application error logs and see if you see anything with respect to application errors

  5. #5

    Re: Piano Samples Won’t Load in Gigastudio…Please Help

    I used to get this error message a lot;

    some of my remedies:
    Delete the database (db) in the Tascam program folder and have giga rebuild it.
    You CPU should be at least 2.8 GHz; ram is okay. I found XP home to be useless for my DAWs, I now use XP PRO; I made some suggestions in another post.

    Use Chkdsk /r (xp Home) or chkdsk /f (xp pro)
    GIGA ORCHESTRA 3.21
    DAW ONE: CPU: 3.4GHz; RAM: 2 GIGS DDR400; Mobo P4 GIGABYTE ;80GIG IDE HD;2 X WD SATA HD Raptors 10KRPM 74GIG in RAID 0;
    M Audio Firewire 410; Midisport 8X8

    Hauptwerk V3
    DAW TWO: CPU: 2.4 GHz Dual Core; RAM 4 gigs DDR2533: MOBO Asrock ConRoeFirex - eSATA2; 2 x SATA 80 GIG, HDs; M Audio Delta 1010 and a Delta 1010LT, soundcards; MOTU Express 128 i/f

  6. #6

    Re: Piano Samples Won’t Load in Gigastudio…Please Help

    Quote Originally Posted by OWJ
    I used to get this error message a lot;

    some of my remedies:
    Delete the database (db) in the Tascam program folder and have giga rebuild it.
    You CPU should be at least 2.8 GHz; ram is okay. I found XP home to be useless for my DAWs, I now use XP PRO; I made some suggestions in another post.

    Use Chkdsk /r (xp Home) or chkdsk /f (xp pro)
    Hi OWJ,

    I thought this thread was dead. Thanks for the follow up.

    I'm not sure if you've seen my other thread in the sample libraries discussion but I have gotten the samples to load. Now I'm tweaking my polyphony, memory usage under the synth tab because of pops/glitches/dropouts, etc. that I'm getting exclusively with the new SampleTekk libs I've purchased.

    In answer to your post:
    • Although more speed would be nice, it still seems my speed should be sufficient
    • I did delete the db and rebuilt the database
    • I get no errors with Chkdsk /r
    Also, I read your other posts and had not unchecked the file monitoring in Giga. I've done that and wonder, do you leave it unchecked all of the time?

    All the best,

    Joy

  7. #7

    Re: Piano Samples Won’t Load in Gigastudio…Please Help

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    ...Also, I read your other posts and had not unchecked the file monitoring in Giga. I've done that and wonder, do you leave it unchecked all of the time?
    I think most of us leave it unchecked all the time. On some systems it causes lock-ups, due to colliding threads. The only downside is that you need to rebuild the entire database every time you add/remove a library.

  8. #8

    Re: Piano Samples Won’t Load in Gigastudio…Please Help

    Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    I think most of us leave it unchecked all the time. On some systems it causes lock-ups, due to colliding threads. The only downside is that you need to rebuild the entire database every time you add/remove a library.
    Thanks Jon, I appreciate the insight.

    Joy

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •