• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: A Lyrical Distortion solo compilation!

Share/Bookmark

A Lyrical Distortion solo compilation!

Hey all! I've been working on a solo album (nearly done now!) and using Bela D's LD for the really crazy guitar solos- anything too fast, difficult or whacked out for me to actually play (which is most of them *lol*) I made a demo file stringing them all together.

Remember, this is taken from 40 minutes of music- all the original musical context is gone, it's just a seven minute shred onslaught in this form. I just thought you might want to hear what it could do. It's all played with a simple LD1 patch (it was before the amazing K2 scripts came out!) in real time, just punching in over mistakes. No sequencing.

Trurl LD Guitar Solo Compilation

Hope you like it!

Re: A Lyrical Distortion solo compilation!

I am listening as I write. It sounds great, Fred.

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

Hi Fred

Thanks for sharing that with us. I thought the parts @ 1:00 and 4:00 were especially convincing.

I like how you faded the guitar into the distance at the end of certain phrases. How did you do that?

For modulation I assume you used pitch bend back and forth?
    P4 3.0, 2 gig ram, nvidia 6800gt, 3 SATA drives, EMU-1820M, UAD-1, Studiologic SL-110, Mackie Universal Controller, Behringer Truth B2031A, Cubase SX3, Kontakt2, EWQL Gold, EWQL Choirs, EWQL Collosus, NI Akoustik Piano, NI Elektrik Piano, NI B4 II, EZ Drummer, Lyrical Distortion 1+2, Scarbee Bass, Real Guitar2, Atmospheres, Absynth1, GPO

Thanks! Yes, I do all the bending and vibrato (and whammy dives) with the wheel. I have a feeling the fades you're talking about are actually just the natural release of the samples- I just held the note!

Great stuff Fred!
    Thanks for sharing

Excellent, stuff Fred... sounds like it should go up as a demo on the Bela D site... seriously, makes me want to fall off the sample bandwagon and buy that thing...

4:47 on is a very good groove, even though I'm almost sure the preceding stuff took more work . Thanks for sharing it, and I hope you make more!
    Cheers,
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by cmdratz
    4:47 on is a very good groove, even though I'm almost sure the preceding stuff took more work . Thanks for sharing it, and I hope you make more!
    Thank you! Yeah, that long fade is like the chill-out after all the crazy stuff that comes before it

What format is this Fred? ..I'd love to hear this but it wont play in windows or foobar.

Edited: Forget it! It works now. So this is all Lyrical distortion? ..Holy crap!

I hope you'll let us know when the CD is ready!
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Go Back to forum