• Register
  • Help

Topic: Universal Binary version of Stylus RMX is out

Share/Bookmark

Universal Binary version of Stylus RMX is out

Sweet!
    I downloaded it this morning and it is working great on my macbook.
    RMX was the only plug-in that I must have. Now I can get to work

Instead of installing from the original discs, I followed the instructions on the website and first downloaded version 1.51d (i think) and then downloaded 1.6 (UB) and installed it.

You still need to install the sounds in the SAGE folder. I just copied the Sage folder from my old computer (RIP) and it was on.

The hard drive on the macbook is only 80GB, so I was somewhat selective about some of my user libraries, I dumped some stuff that I know I will never use. I thought about putting everything on a firewire drive, but there is a lot to be said about sitting on my back porch with the just macbook and a pair of headphones.
    It's funny, a decade ago, I wanted the huge racks of gear.
    Now I want the most minimal setup possible.

Thanks Eric & company.

Re: Universal Binary version of Stylus RMX is out

Hi. I'm wondering if I already am using the Beta version if I need to download this release or if I'm OK as is. JON

Eric, are there any changes/fixes/etc. that would benefit non-intel users?

Quote Originally Posted by jonkuzma
    Hi. I'm wondering if I already am using the Beta version if I need to download this release or if I'm OK as is. JON
    It's the same as b10, just cleaned up instructions for the final release.

Quote Originally Posted by macmuse
    Eric, are there any changes/fixes/etc. that would benefit non-intel users?
    No. All non-Intel mac users should use 1.5.1c

WOW!

This is great news.

I have a dedicates samples drive on my new Mac Pro. Can all of the samples and Sage expanders be moved to my samples drive or do I have to install it on my system drive? Space is not a problem (The Pro comes with a 250 giger.) I am just wondering if I will get better performance from it on a seperate drive.

Any imminent release of Trilogy and Atmosphere?

Thanks Eric and Spectrum Team!!
    "International Award Winning Arabic Fusion"
    www.ajmusiconline.com

2xMac Pro 2.66, OS 10.4.9,Pro Tools 7.4.8,Waves Plat,Altiverb
    4xVisionDaw PC,NI Komplete, All Play 1.2.5 Libraries

Just saw this on their website.......

As many people know, our popular Atmosphere and Trilogy instruments use a special version of the UVI engine, which Spectrasonics originally licensed from Univers Sons - not our own in-house developed S.A.G.E. (Spectrasonics Advanced Groove Engine) technology that Stylus RMX uses. The Intel Mac transition is a major one for all music software companies to make, but it's much easier to make this transition with in-house developed technology. This is one of the main reasons why we have been able to make the transition to Universal Binary for Stylus RMX so quickly. Therefore, it's taking much more time for our Atmosphere and Trilogy customers to be able to make the transition to the Intel Mac world than it has for Stylus RMX users.

We are fully committed to the future development and long-term growth of these instruments - and this will of course include native support for Universal Binaries on Intel Macs.

We will have native Universal Binary solutions for Atmosphere and Trilogy available this Fall.
    "International Award Winning Arabic Fusion"
    www.ajmusiconline.com

2xMac Pro 2.66, OS 10.4.9,Pro Tools 7.4.8,Waves Plat,Altiverb
    4xVisionDaw PC,NI Komplete, All Play 1.2.5 Libraries

Go Back to forum