• Register
  • Help
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Topic: assignment #1

Share/Bookmark

Re: assignment #1

Dan:

The time signature is 3 quarter note beats per measure except for the final three measures which are 2 quarter notes per measure. i.e. 3/4 with a change to 2/4 in the last three measures.

Have a good day.

David M.

Tangram: I just listened to your version and I must say that I'm impressed with how smooth it sounds. I would like to find a way to maintain this level of smoothness while keeping the rising motion of the arpeggios -- perhaps something to think about for a revision?

Edit: In case I should be posting my contribution here instead of elsewhere, it's available in both .wav and .mus formats here: <http://www.public.iastate.edu/~froboy/garritan/>

Hello

Excuse my English an some mistakes because I’m from Spain (Europe) and my English is not so good.
    This forum is fantastic, and I'm trying to orquestrate the part from Shartmann.
    Can you tell me how can I insert an MP3 or PDF file? Thank you.

mrcaster:

If you can't host the files yourself, send a PM/forum e-mail to Gary under the username Garritan. He has graciously offered to host things for people who can't do it themselves. If you get in touch with him, I'm sure he'll get the ball rolling in the right direction for you.

Thank you for your help MasterTenor,
    I just have created a box for my music.
    i tried to make three concepts with my orquestration:
    1. the oboe's line is the most important line, the rest is accessory.(is this right in English?)
    2. the orquestra is the sea where the moon(oboe) does reflect and get support for the main melody. I did a deep harmonic analyse. It wasn't easy, but necessary.
    3. I included a harp, and it could also be a clavichembalo or another harp instrument.
    orquestration mrcaster

Downgrade! I like the contrast between high and low strings in your work.

How did you insert the picture of your score? It doesnt allow me to do that?
    Chekad Sarami
    Math Professor

Here's what I have done.

http://faculty.uncfsu.edu/csarami/Or...ssignments.htm

Still I am not very satisfied with the way it sounds at the end. can you hear the harp's arpeggios? maybe in the real setup in orchestra can be heard better. In my revision I have lowered the Violins dynamics to pp. I guess if they play soft, they can attract the listener more and it doesn't cover the oboe's sound.
    Chekad Sarami
    Math Professor

Smile Re: assignment #1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterTenor
    It sounds really great. Although i have two friendly comments/suggestions on that! First, Why don't you swap viola and Violin? Viola and cellos play in close register, and can hear each other better! second, the violin 1 or 2 is missing in your score! I don't know which violin section is going to play your violin.

May I ask you how you created the wave file? I tried yours in my Finale w/ GPO didn't sound as good at all!! It sounds awesome!

I believe your last chord ( ending w/ Ab7 ) is nice!

Hope you don't mind commenting on my work!
    Chekad Sarami
    Math Professor

Quote Originally Posted by mrcaster
    3. I included a harp, and it could also be a clavichembalo or another harp instrument.
    orquestration mrcaster
    Mr. Caster, It sounds great to me. I like your interpretation of the solo vs accompaniment! Just to tell you that, your English is well! Isn't clavicémbaloby, Harpsichord in English?

What did your use to get the sound? Is it GPO?

May you send us your harmonic analysis of this piece please?
    Chekad Sarami
    Math Professor

Go Back to forum
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast