• Register
  • Help

Topic: EastWest Gold XP Demo

Share/Bookmark

EastWest Gold XP Demo

Please take a listen.. Comments are truly welcomed..Thoughts on the sounds? The strings for one. The piece itself..All done with the Gold XP library.. Silence from Above is the piece..Many thanks in advance..Joseph..
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=567000

Re: EastWest Gold XP Demo

Joseph...

The composition is excellent! It is very touching and very warm hearted.

I do think though that the production could use some more things, I'm afraid.
    The instrument at the begining is a tad loud, and personally (personal opinion here, nothing really valid), feel it is a little bit out of place, only for the first 20 secs and then back at the end. I see what you're trying to do, but didn't seem to work for me.
    One thing I noticed is that the strings are not really legato... May I ask what articulation you're using? I actually never liked the qlegato patches to be honest, and I'm still using the butter legato ones for legato passages (especially long ones)
    Also reverb seems to be missing. Especially in this type of music where you want a little more, and a tad mroe warmth...

But your music is stuck to my ears (listened to it 3 times actually).

Re: EastWest Gold XP Demo

Nikolas, first off many thanks for your comments. I for one do not like the sounds of the legatos too much.. I used all DFX instruments, except the 18 Violins sus. I had put together a video with all clips from the news what it is going on in this world. And this seemed to fit well. It is my thoughts on all. I agree with you a one hundred and ten percent on the Reverb. But if I added more it seemed to take away the feeling. As with the attacks I shall work on on that. Hopefully in a week or so, I will have the music to the clips. I think maybe the attacks might fit.. Not sure myself now..Once again.. Thanks for the time to listen..It has meant alot to me..Joseph

Go Back to forum