• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Emperor Piano Newbie Questions

Share/Bookmark

Emperor Piano Newbie Questions

So...

I've purchased the Kontakt 2 version of Emperor piano, and I'm finding it a little, em, complex - downloaded the key .rar file, downloaded the other 2 .rar files from the website and joined them together no problem. I open Logic Pro (Mac). I load Kontakt 2. There are, it seems, a number of Kontakt multis for me to choose from, so i choose the one with the most recent creation date, which is the file "K2 Emperor Full " which seems to make sense. The patch opens, the piano sounds fine. I seem to have a rack consisting of 4 K2 patches - "Pedal Only", "No Pedal" "Releases Emp" and "Harmonics". I would obviously like to take advantage of the new sympathetic resonance scripts. I have downloaded 2 from the Post Piano website - the "Olivier Frappier script" and the "KornelMezoSympResScript". Here come the questions:

1. Is there an advantage to using one of these sympathetic resonance scripts over the other?

2. Within which of the 4 patches in the Emperor Full multi do i install the script? Can someone please give me fool-roof instructions on how to install the correct script?

3. The fourth patch in the rack, "Harmonics" contains 2 scripts already, one called "piano release mode and half sustain pedal" and the other "9 overtones res" do both of these remain when the sympathetic resonance patch is installed?

3. Is there anything else i need to do to take advantage of sympathetic resonance?

4. i can't hear any pedal noise. in the days before samplers, i used to try hard to eliminate pedal noise. Now, i like it. How can i get my pedal noise?

5. I downloaded the new samples that Worra uploaded the other day. Which folder do i put them in?

6. Anything else before i have the ultimate Emperor?

thanks,

Re: Emperor Piano Newbie Questions

Not to belittle Olivier's work but I like the Mezo scripts better. You can download an updated script for the Emperor from music.mezo.com. The demos are completely un-crippled but support his work please.

With Kornel's scripts all you really need is the "No Pedal" instrument. You may have to go into the group editor and change the "Group Start" options to "Always" or you won't have any sound when you press the sustain pedal.

I use a slightly different velocity curve with mine that I downloaded from this forum although I don't remember the thread title. I use an external convolution plugin as a channel insert to move the dry sound a little further away without drowning the piano in reverb. (which I probably could do anyway with pre instead of post)

I don't know if the folder structure is the same on a Mac but the samples go in the main sample folder for Emperor.
    Ben N. Moore

Quote Originally Posted by bnmoore
    I use a slightly different velocity curve with mine that I downloaded from this forum although I don't remember the thread title.
    Probably this thread.

The best results I get from this Emperor is with this recipe :

- PU instrument only (no PD), with selfmask and repedalling script (like implemented in august Foester K2 piano)
    - For soundboard/PD/symp resonance, a blend of the following :
    1. Convolution PD controlled by Xavier's script (see august Foester K2 again)
    2. Additional harmonic rack with kornel script.

After adjusting relative levels, the blend of emulated harmonics (kornel approach) and well controlled conv. soundboard resonance works just great.

The same recipe work well with the Old Lady too.

Would it not be nice if the producers of this piano were to write down a clear and definitive answer to this question that is not just for tech junkies but also for someone who just wants to play piano?

It really should not be so confusing.

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by Edi
    Would it not be nice if the producers of this piano were to write down a clear and definitive answer to this question that is not just for tech junkies but also for someone who just wants to play piano?

It really should not be so confusing.

Ed
    So true.

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

And information about the patches and their differences wouldn't hurt either...

Quote Originally Posted by kotori
    Probably this thread.
    That's the one, thanks.
    Ben N. Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent

- PU instrument only (no PD), with selfmask and repedalling script (like implemented in august Foester K2 piano)
    - For soundboard/PD/symp resonance, a blend of the following :
    1. Convolution PD controlled by Xavier's script (see august Foester K2 again)
    2. Additional harmonic rack with kornel script.

After adjusting relative levels, the blend of emulated harmonics (kornel approach) and well controlled conv. soundboard resonance works just great.

The same recipe work well with the Old Lady too.
    Thanks for sharing this, I'll give it a try. Apparently you authored the other thread I referred to also.
    Ben N. Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent
    Another "Thank You" for posting this info. I'd lost the link to your original post.

Go Back to forum