• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Claire's Eyes - piano solo for my daughter

Share/Bookmark

Claire's Eyes - piano solo for my daughter

Hi Folks!

Here is a little piano ditty improvised today after cuddling with my baby daughter listening to music. She is 19 months and it is a rare thing for quiet and peaceful moments like that.

The piece, called "Claire's Eyes" - using GPO Steinway with Ambience Reverb. Recorded using Tracktion.
    Nothing special, remember IMPROVISED - but wanted to share with you a peaceful moment.

http://www.jerrywickham.com/music/ClairesEyes.mp3

Here is a pic of her!

Hope you enjoy.

Jerry
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Re: Claire's Eyes - piano solo for my daughter

That's real pretty Jer' and so is she.

I couldn't prevent myself from mentally writing some string section lush parts in the background.

Nice job.

Regards,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quite lovely, Jerry. A child's eyes, I find worlds in
    them, myself.

A truly moving improvisation... well done, my friend.

I was going to perhaps suggest working further with
    this; but no, I do not think so -- notes on a page
    can never capture these moments.

Best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Beautiful work, Jerry! Wonderful rendering with the piano, beautiful playing, and a truly delightful melody. I am amazed you could achieve something like this by totally improvising! Bravo!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Jerry,
    The tenderness of your playing is very evident of your love for her!
    Dan

Larry, David, Sean and Dan,
    Thank you for listening and taking the time to coment!
    Larry,
    I too, kind of can hear lush strings in the background of this, but I kind of like the purity of the just the solo piano. There is a LOT of rubato and tempo changes that would make the technical aspects of adding any kind of accompaniment to thie piece challenging. While certainly not impossible, I decided against it. After all, it is just an improvization. Not a "composed" piece.

David,
    You are certainly right about seeing whole WORLDS in a child's eyes. The innocence, the hope, the newness, the trust, the love, etc. Those are the kinds of things I was thinking about as I played. I am sure I will write a lot of music on her behalf. Some will be thought-out, composed pieces, (like my lullaby I wrote for her when she was born - which you already know about. ), or others will be more like this - Spur of the moment ideas that come with life's little moments.

BTW - any of you whom have not heard Claire's lullaby, here it is: http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...612#post319612

Sean,
    Thank you very much. I am not much of a pianist, but I enjoy playing. This type of improvising is easy for me. I can do it for hours and hours. Never really ending a phrase, as the next one enters. It is kind of my therapy. I just think about life and dreams and such while I play. If there are moments of stress, fear, anger or frustration, playing like this ebbs them away. I prefer to COMPOSE music, but these improvisations sometimes produce some nice musical moments.

Dan,
    Thank you! I HOPE that my love for Claire comes through in pieces like this. She has totally changed my life. It is really amazing to see the transformation I have made, AND to witness the development of her personality as she grows and becomes the person she will be. It is simply awe-inspiring. I am truly humbled by what I see.

Now, obvously this happened to be a tender moment - but, as any of you with small children know, these moments are tempered with the crazy, silly, bombastic, temper-tantrum-filled, and heart-warming humor that comes all together in these tiny packages.

Thanks again

Jerry Wickham
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Wow, this is a song that couldnt be mouse programmed. Great playing on this Jerry, and love the verb you used. Keep it up!
    ~Sam Ferrara~

Hi Jerry,

this is nice for the saturday morning. What a very lovely photo!
    Every child is a miracle and from your photo this is certainy true for Claire.
    Thank you for sharing this with us.

Raymond

Jerry,
    A truly tender and moving improvisation. Moments such this are rare and you've captured it for eternity. When Claire is 19 years old you can share this moment with her once again. Aw geez, now Im bawling. Thanks for sharing,
    Bill
    Never look at the trombones. It only encourages them. Richard Strauss

My Website
    Beethoven's Eroica
    Antonio Salieri
    The History of Studebaker

So incredibly beautiful and expressive. Wonderful, Jerry!
    http://www.EricHermanMusic.com
    - Cool Tunes for Kids -

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast