• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Finale 2007c Update

Share/Bookmark

Finale 2007c Update

For those of you with Finale 07 there is an update available at www.finalemusic.com

Finale 2007c Updater for Windows Description:

Finale 2007c is a free, downloadable update available to registered Finale 2007 users. It corrects lyric hyphens that were improperly placed too far to the left or right and the Maestro font&rsquot;s unmeasured tremolo character now displays correctly when printed with a PostScript printer. Finale 2007c also contains all the improvements found in Finale 2007a and Finale 2007b including:
    Updated Human Playback - New Human Playback features now provide additional choices for instrument, technique, action, and filter settings in the Instruments Technique & Effects pane including full support for Garritan Stradivari Violin. Also, diminuendos on long ending notes can now be disabled.
    Rebar Music functionality – used in Band-in-a-Box® Auto Harmonizing and other features - no longer condenses empty measures
    Simple Entry shortcut table optimized for laptop users is included

Re: Finale 2007c Update

Quote Originally Posted by wrayer
    For those of you with Finale 07 there is an update available at www.finalemusic.com

Finale 2007c Updater for Windows Description:

Finale 2007c is a free, downloadable update available to registered Finale 2007 users. It corrects lyric hyphens that were improperly placed too far to the left or right and the Maestro font&rsquot;s unmeasured tremolo character now displays correctly when printed with a PostScript printer. Finale 2007c also contains all the improvements found in Finale 2007a and Finale 2007b including:
    Updated Human Playback - New Human Playback features now provide additional choices for instrument, technique, action, and filter settings in the Instruments Technique & Effects pane including full support for Garritan Stradivari Violin. Also, diminuendos on long ending notes can now be disabled.
    Rebar Music functionality – used in Band-in-a-Box® Auto Harmonizing and other features - no longer condenses empty measures
    Anyone know whether it's safe to use this yet? F2007b was a compete disaster for some of us. I had to go back to the original F2007 so I'm worried about getting my fingers burnt!

Regards,

Graham

I have downloaded and installed the 2007c without 2007a or 2007b.

The following is my experience:

My first experience with Finale 2007c. Here is a copy of the tech support case I just created.

Let me be the first to congratulate your developers on eliminating the crashing with the updates. Unfortunately, some other grave issues have developed.

1. copy and pasting. I am finding that when I copy more than one staff (treble and bass in piano score) sections of the bass clef are not copied nor pasted into the new location. The last measure in particular.

2. Using the space bar for playback causes the program to slow down to an almost crawl/stop. Also, the program develops an all white blank screen.

3. The file I am working in will not keep the studio view loaded. It seems to disappear once another function is selected. Like playback, copying and pasting. I am not actually sure which function I was preforming, but each time I opened the studio view is disappeared.

4. Now one of the most wonderful and helpful features that I have grown to love and love Finale for is the ability to use "Ctrl + up arrow/down arrow to move between notes in a chord and from stave to stave has been altered and will not longer function in 2007c. This is a tragedy and a great loss of a top-of-the-line feature not found in Notions or Sebelius. Need to put this one back guys and gals. Once I learned this feature it cut my editing time in half. Gota fix this one buddies. Please, please, please fix this one!

Thus far this is all I have discovered in an eight hour working session after installing 2007c on 2/16/07

Samantha, apparently, no one on the Finale forum was able to replicate the particular problems you are having, so I would not be so quick to jump into other forums and trumpet them as bugs or faults of Finale.

I've been using Finale 2007a, b and now c for many hours a day, preparing large orchestral scores and materials and have yet to come across any of the problems you listed. In particular your problem with the ctrl+arrow keys for moving around in the score. That function has not been altered in any way. I am using it at this very moment, and it works exactly as it should.

I'm sorry it's not working for you, but none of the problems you are having are affecting others, at least so far. I do hope you work out the glitches that are slowing down your system.

The stock release of Finale 2007c includes the same
    version 1.0.0.19 FinaleVSTHost.dll that 2007b did.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

I'm sure her motive is to both help the makers and inform the user until they can resolve the issues, nothing more.

I wonder if those only happen on 64 bit proc. computers. Samantha do have a 64 bit?

I do and was having some of the problems she described, and before going to update c, was having the crashes in update b and a, but not in the straight 2007, except for the disappearing studio control. That was already occuring and i would change out of that view and back to studio view to restore the control so no biggie.

I quit using the Windows w/ Vista64 computer for Finale and started using Mac Powerbook. I reluctantly installed the latest update on it, because it had 2007 unupdated, and not giving any probs at all. After downloading and installing the update, it didn't add the letter suffix to the "2007" the way it does on Windows, but that may be normal in Mac, i don't know. It crashed right after I changed quantization to 32nd notes and began a Hyperscribe session with midi keyboard.

I haven't notified MakeMusic, but a form came on the screen to describe and submit to Apple so I did that. It is possible that it was a bug in the latest update of Apple's OSX 10.8.4 which is also new to this computer, before it was still running 10.4.4 or something near that.

The rest seems to be functioning correctly without those probs it was having in Windows.

Leaf,

Make sure you repair permissions after updating the OS. With any Finale crashes, it makes more sense to report them to MM. Reporting them to Apple will do nothing. Apple will not change or fix something in the OS to work with Finale, MM has to fix it to work within the OS.

I'm running 2007c on a Mac 10.4.8, and haven't had any crashes at all.
    But I don't use hyperscribe.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    The stock release of Finale 2007c includes the same
    version 1.0.0.19 FinaleVSTHost.dll that 2007b did.

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    David I have been using it for several hours over the past few days and so far still no crashes even when pushed to the limits.

Has anypone been able to use Kontakt Player 2.2 with Finale 2007? Version 2.1.1 works fine, but when I try 2.2 it crashes.
    Thanks,
    Serge

I am using 2007c without a or b and it is crashing about every 5 - 10 minutes depening on how often I playback. Saddly I am only using 5 staves with GPO section strings (KS) and one staff of Stradivarius.

I have learned from my past mistakes and now save every time I enter a change in the score for fear of loosing all of my work.

I am somewhat techno-chalanged and really don't have time to analyze error reports, come up with creative fixes, or dig through forum postings to problem solve these issues etc. I would just like a version that will allow me to work without interuption and allow me to use my Garritan Libraries.

Me So Frustrated!
    www.williamwest.org

We are the makers of music and the dreamers of dreams.

Go Back to forum