• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Cello release

Share/Bookmark

Cello release

Hi.

Has there been a set date for the shipping of the Garritan cello? I am finishing up a piece for a competitive grant that could really make use of this instrument. However, I need to have it in the mail by early March.

Thank you.

Re: Cello release

Perhaps Gary will package it with the rumored Steinway.

As posted a few weeks ago in the "Latest Update of the Update on the Update of the Update":
    The Gofriller Cello
    We received the master disc from Native Instruments at NAMM and are in the process of testing. If everything works okay, it is off to the manufacturer and then to market.

Well, we did test the master disc and the programming was corrupted and different from what was sent. So back to NI, and yesterday I received a new master and we're in testing mode. If this master checks out, it's off to the manufacturer.

Another burp in the digestion of sample life.

Gary Garritan

Thank you Gary.

I do not mean to pester but, how long does it take to test. Subsequently, how long will it then be from testing to availability. Is it concievable that I could purchase the software by March 1? Is this wishful thinking?

I don't know Gary's internal process, but I would guess March 1 to be highly unlikely.

Duplication often takes 3 or 4 weeks. Then again, Gary may use a faster house, so who knows.

Testing time depends on how deeply they test the master. They probably don't need to test down to the level of physically listening to every sample, but they don't want to skim either. In other words, who knows?

And then there's always the risk that the second Master also has a problem. Unlikely, but possible.

Just a wild guess, but it sounds more like the end of March than the 1st of March, if then...

Anybody want to start a pool? If so, I'll take March 28th.

(Keep in mind that I have no inside info. I'm just guessing here...)

Okay....

April 3

Quote Originally Posted by Trace
    Okay....

April 3
    April 1st!...
    Cheers,
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst

Just a wild guess, but it sounds more like the end of March than the 1st of March, if then...

Anybody want to start a pool? If so, I'll take March 28th.

(Keep in mind that I have no inside info. I'm just guessing here...)
    Starts pool and puts JonFairhurst down for March 28, 2009. Oh wait, you meant 2017, no wait, 2026, no wait... 2006???? How is that possible? Release via time warp?

Jim

What year are you all waging on???

Rats! I was going to ask that.

And faulty prgramming from NI, Home of No Bugs;-)

Go Back to forum