• Register
  • Help

Topic: Lack of expression pedal and things..

Share/Bookmark

Lack of expression pedal and things..

Hi there you guys,

I loaded Stradivari last night for the first time and was initially dismayed at the quality of the sound. I have since read much on this forum and realised that an expression pedal is essential, not optional.

The sound I get presently is just that of the initial attack followed by the noise of the bow 'scraping' the strings - more of a hiss than anything else.

But I guess that an expression pedal will open up the main sound - a bit lke a volume control?

Problem is, like another post I read here, the only keyboard I have is a TMK88 that doesn't have an expression pedal socket (or aftertouch for that matter).

So here's my question: if I purchase an M-Audio Axiom 49 (has everything needed for Stradivari) and connect my TMK88's MIDI Out to the Axiom's MIDI In socket (and then connect the Axiom's MIDI Out to my PC) will I be able to use the Axiom to actually play the instrument but use the TMK88 for the key switching - in other words can I use both keyboard controllers to get the full function of the instrument?

Hope this sounds reasonably clear.

I'm currently pining for that mellow, soulful violin sound I hear on the audio samples on the web site!!

Rgds

Phigzoid

Re: Lack of expression pedal and things..

Quote Originally Posted by phil@cablinguk.com
    if I purchase an M-Audio Axiom 49 (has everything needed for Stradivari) and connect my TMK88's MIDI Out to the Axiom's MIDI In socket (and then connect the Axiom's MIDI Out to my PC)
    You should a MIDI Through socket, not a MIDI In socket, for this.

TMK88's MIDI Out -> Axiom's MIDI Through | Axiom's MIDI Out -> PC

Thanks Nickie,

I'll check this out. Providing the Thru socket is there do you think in theory that I should have all the functionality with both keyboards?

Rgds

Phil

Actually, just thinking (which is a dengerous thing to do really..)

The Axiom will connect to my PC with a USB connection.

Could the TMK88 simply plug into the MIDI In socket in the Axiom (there is no MID Thru on the Axiom)?

Thanks Stephen & Nickie,

I see it clearly now. I'll have to merge my keyboards then I guess.

Have a nice weekend all.

Phigzoid

Can't you use MIDI-OX as a software merger?

Go Back to forum