• Register
  • Help

Topic: Universal Binary/Intel updates for JABB/Kontakt?

Share/Bookmark

Universal Binary/Intel updates for JABB/Kontakt?

Hi there,

I have been unable to get JABB to appear in my instruments list on my Intel Mac in Digital Performer 5 and am wondering if this could be a universal binary/intel update related issue.

I go to the updates page of the garritan site and there is mention of a mac/intel update but there is no download to link to. What's up with this?

Also, does anyone know if there is a new universal binary specific version of the native instruments kontakt player that would replace the one shipped with JABB? I have tried going to their site and updating my software but to no avail; it says there is nothing else I can get.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Gary

Re: Universal Binary/Intel updates for JABB/Kontakt?

The update to Kontakt Player 2, which is UB, has not been released yet. Can't be far away, though.

Nickie,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my question. I'm still confused. My jazz and big band shipped with Kontakt 1, not 2. I can find no way of upgrading to kontakt 2 on native-instruments' website. When I try to access the Universal Binary compatible Kontakt 2 PLAYER, their site does not offer me the option as an upgrade for my JABB. Any ideas, or are all of us intel mac users waiting for the same thing?

I DID download the demo version of Kontakt 2, which seems to work just fine with Digital Performer. Too bad I can't seem to get a full version of it or anything else that will work as an upgrade. Universal Binary. arggh

Also, does anyone have native-instruments' support phone number and/or email? I have looked all around their site and can't find a thing except for deadends leading to their so-called update manager.

Thanks in advance,

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by gguter
    I'm still confused. My jazz and big band shipped with Kontakt 1, not 2. I can find no way of upgrading to kontakt 2 on native-instruments' website. When I try to access the Universal Binary compatible Kontakt 2 PLAYER, their site does not offer me the option as an upgrade for my JABB. Any ideas, or are all of us intel mac users waiting for the same thing?
    As Nickie said, it has not been released yet, so you won't find an update on the NI site. When it is released the update will convert your JABB 1.5 player to 2. And yes, all Intel Mac users are waiting for the same thing.

Tom

Question Re: Universal Binary/Intel updates for JABB/Kontakt?

Any word on WHEN? This is one of the last holdouts in the Universal Binary transition and I... can't... hang... on... much.... longer......

Quote Originally Posted by timby
    Any word on WHEN? This is one of the last holdouts in the Universal Binary transition and I... can't... hang... on... much.... longer......
    See Gary's latest post here: http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...=49105&page=25

Tom

Go Back to forum