• Register
  • Help

Topic: Purpose of slider in Kontakt Player?

Share/Bookmark

Purpose of slider in Kontakt Player?

Hi there--

Brand-spankin' new to the JABB klatsch. I'm wondering if there is any purpose to the slider in the Kontakt player. I have managed to record realtime CC for every other controller. Is this thing disabled to entice us to drop $269 on the upgrade, or does it just set initial values, or what? I noticed there is a drop-down to assign different parameters. No dice. Nothin' in the manual, either, near as I can tell. If only there was an smiley for head-scratching. That'll do...Sadly enough, my poor ol KB has no controllers at all. I'm using the NI interface.

Any ideas?
    TC

Re: Purpose of slider in Kontakt Player?

Quote Originally Posted by grebnar
    I'm wondering if there is any purpose to the slider in the Kontakt player.
    No. The interface of the present version of the Kontakt player is fixed by NI and developers licensing the player (like Garritan) use what they need. We did not use the slider for JABB (although we did use it for the X-Custom version of GPO.) It would have been explained in the manual if it had a purpose.
    ...Sadly enough, my poor ol KB has no controllers at all. I'm using the NI interface.
    Make sure you don't try to do any work from the NI interface. The controls on the player interface are just there as a convenient means of testing things. As an example, moving the graphic mod wheel will not cause data to be recorded into your sequencer tracks. Data must arrive from a source external to the player, like a keyboard or MIDI tracks. If your keyboard can't send controller data then you will need to draw the data into your tracks.

Tom

You can use the MIDI Control Center from TobyBear together with MIDI-Ox instead of the Player interface.

Hi--

1st of all, let me say what a great forum. Super-quick responses. I hope I didn't sound pissy in my first post. I was frustrated and it was late.
    Tom, I am using Sonar 5, and set JABB to send MIDI output in the soft synth setting -- CCs were recorded just fine. Will it crash if I keep doing it like this? Just trying to find a workaround. I was drawing them in and it was getting tedious.
    Nickie, thanks for the link. I looked around for hours yesterday and downloaded several controllers, all with no success. I got the MIDI control center, but I still can't get Sonar to recognize any messages from any controller. Maybe I have the MIDI Yoke ports set up wrong?!? I'll keep trying.
    Thanks for the help, guys.

TC

Go Back to forum