• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Is it just me...

Share/Bookmark

Is it just me...

...or do you agree that the Sam free trumpet section from some years back is the most realistic trumpet section ever sampled, despite the very few samples it uses?

Re: Is it just me...

I only have SAM solo sessions and SAM horns, so I'm not sure. However, I would love to have those samples if that is true, because I find trumpet sections the most difficult of the brass to emulate with realism.

Is there still a link to these freebies anywhere?
    Or do you have a demo?

Best, Justus

They were a free download from their site way back before the commercial trumpet library was released... they are completely different samples, not a "demo". They have nothing to do with the final trumpet product, they were just a freebie for the heck of it. Nice way to build brand loyalty!

They are kinda rough and raw, which is probably why I like them. I dunno, they just have something about them that works.

Quote Originally Posted by Justus
    Or do you have a demo?

Best, Justus
    I've downloaded them not to long ago so it should be there... But i remember having to look for it thou... they were not in plain sight if you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Justus
    Or do you have a demo?

Best, Justus
    Here, try this.

Quote Originally Posted by tfishbein82
    Here, try this.
    There are some great new freebies there, but the free trumpets and timpani are long gone.

The Westgate free trumpet library is pretty phenomenal also (through a decent conolution reverb). And Tim still makes it available for download from his site, .... (edit)
    www.naxosradio.com
    VSL Symphonic Cube, PLAY Gold, Project SAM, Altiverb, US2400, Cubase 4

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Buchan
    The Westgate free trumpet library is pretty phenomenal also (through a decent conolution reverb). And Tim still makes it available for download from his site, .... (edit)
    I love the way the westgate free trumpet is played, it's the only "fanfare" style solo trumpet I know of (that doesn't sound too midi-ish). But jeeze, it's recorded so close and dry, and I can never quite get it to sound right no matter what reverb I try. Can you tell me the secret recipe?

Quote Originally Posted by Von Richter
    There are some great new freebies there, but the free trumpets and timpani are long gone.
    I wonder if ProjectSam would mind if someone posted those old freebies? Maarten, are you out there?

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast