• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Finale 2007b

Share/Bookmark

Finale 2007b

I just downloaded the Finale 2007b update. One of the new features is:

Updated Human Playback. New Human Playback features now provide additional choices for instrument, technique, action, and filter settings in the Instruments Technique & Effects pane including full support for Garritan Stradivari Violin. Also, diminuendos on long ending notes can now be disabled.

Does anybody out there have a nice violin solo in Finale format? I would like to see how HP does with the Strad.

If you have one, please send it to kswalls@bellsouth.net

Thanks in advance

Keith Walls

Re: Finale 2007b

I hope you don't start having crasing problems with 2007b. Everybody else has. Go to the Finale Forum and check the post for the last 30 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha Penigar
    I hope you don't start having crasing problems with 2007b. Everybody else has. Go to the Finale Forum and check the post for the last 30 days.
    Not everybody else. It has crashed a few times on me, but nothing alarming. Finale 2006 had a few crashes too. I am using mostly Kontakt 2 and Kontakt Player 2 with F07b. The crashes seemed to involve Kontakt Player 1.

So far it hasn't crashed at all- not even once.

Keith W.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge
    Not everybody else. It has crashed a few times on me, but nothing alarming. Finale 2006 had a few crashes too. I am using mostly Kontakt 2 and Kontakt Player 2 with F07b. The crashes seemed to involve Kontakt Player 1.
    Thanks Nickie... I wasn't aware of this. I think I'll give it a shot, since it's working with K2.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithW
    I would like to see how HP does with the Strad.
    Keith,

I just wrote a short piece for my wife for Valentine's day, with Finale playing the Strad. It's immensely more expressive than the solo violins included with GPO. WHile I'm sure I could make it even better tweaking it in a sequencer, for fast notation based playback, it did a phenomenal job.

I hope you don't start having crasing problems with 2007b. Everybody else has.
    I haven't had playback crashes either. Just occasionally from running a TGTools plugin.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Turner
    Keith,

I just wrote a short piece for my wife for Valentine's day, with Finale playing the Strad. It's immensely more expressive than the solo violins included with GPO. WHile I'm sure I could make it even better tweaking it in a sequencer, for fast notation based playback, it did a phenomenal job.

I haven't had playback crashes either. Just occasionally from running a TGTools plugin.

Jeff
    Would you mind posting it so we can hear it?
    Thanks!

Keith W.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Turner
    I just wrote a short piece for my wife for Valentine's day , with Finale playing the Strad. It's immensely more expressive than the solo violins included with GPO. WHile I'm sure I could make it even better tweaking it in a sequencer, for fast notation based playback, it did a phenomenal job.
    Yes, please post it!

R.

I just downloaded the Finale 2007b update. One of the new features is:

Updated Human Playback. New Human Playback features now provide additional choices for instrument, technique, action, and filter settings in the Instruments Technique & Effects pane including full support for Garritan Stradivari Violin. Also, diminuendos on long ending notes can now be disabled.

Keith Walls
    One of our members was kind enough to send over one of his compositions. HP does quite well with the Strad, with absolutely no tweaking. Great job, Make Music folks.

One of our members was kind enough to send over one of his compositions. HP does quite well with the Strad, with absolutely no tweaking. Great job, Make Music folks.
    Again, could this be posted? We have seen no Strad/Finale/HP demo so far, and I'm in haste to hear the fruit of my work!

Go Back to forum