• Register
  • Help

Topic: Stupid note-moving question!!

Share/Bookmark

Stupid note-moving question!!

Okay,

Fancy this a warning - stupid question here...

A friend was showing me NOTION and whe he left his computer for a few minutes I played around with a new score, entered some notes, including a wrong one...

AND COULDN'T FIGURE OUT WHAT TO DO TO CORRECT THE NOTE'S PITCH!! We got into to other things shortly after and I didn't ask my friend.

Is it not possible just to "drag" it up or down with the mouse once it's placed?

I do apologize for what I have missed that was no doubt obvious.

- Angelic

Re: Stupid note-moving question!!

Quote Originally Posted by angelic
    Okay,

Fancy this a warning - stupid question here...

A friend was showing me NOTION and whe he left his computer for a few minutes I played around with a new score, entered some notes, including a wrong one...

AND COULDN'T FIGURE OUT WHAT TO DO TO CORRECT THE NOTE'S PITCH!! We got into to other things shortly after and I didn't ask my friend.

Is it not possible just to "drag" it up or down with the mouse once it's placed?

I do apologize for what I have missed that was no doubt obvious.

- Angelic
    Not until our next update. Till then, you'll have to delete the note, then replace in the right place.

Entering 'control and Z' at the same time will 'undo' the note.

If you have already entered dynamics or articulations then first put in the second note and then delete the first. It will keep them.

Hannes
    All your strings belong to me!
    www.strings-on-demand.com

Sometimes a note/chord can have several items attached -- articulation, arrpeggio, dynamic, octave above/or below etc.. -- it would help a ton to just be able to perhaps right click on the note and remove one item at a time, as opposed to removing or redoing the whole note. This would help a lot also in cleaning up a score for printing too. If one catches this in time, the Undo on the Edit tab helps, however, I often come back to a section and adjust certain areas. One of the things I love about Notion is the way it lets me think on the fly -- I am always changing, making alterations as I go. Adding this function would speed things up. Dynamics are easy enough to change, but a group of add ons to a note can take time.

Hawksong

Quote Originally Posted by Hawksong
    Sometimes a note/chord can have several items attached -- articulation, arrpeggio, dynamic, octave above/or below etc.. -- it would help a ton to just be able to perhaps right click on the note and remove one item at a time, as opposed to removing or redoing the whole note. This would help a lot also in cleaning up a score for printing too. If one catches this in time, the Undo on the Edit tab helps, however, I often come back to a section and adjust certain areas. One of the things I love about Notion is the way it lets me think on the fly -- I am always changing, making alterations as I go. Adding this function would speed things up. Dynamics are easy enough to change, but a group of add ons to a note can take time.

Hawksong
    Hi,

you can simply overwrite dynamics and articulations by new ones.

Additional signs like sf, slurs etc. can be deleted one by one. To do this you have to choose the sign from the menu and place the cursor (which changed its shape to this sign) exactly over the one that you want to delete. Press backspace then and it is gone. Be sure to change the cursor to normal with Esc then.

Hope this helps
    Hannes
    All your strings belong to me!
    www.strings-on-demand.com

Good tip, I'll give that a try tonight when I am back to composing... thanks...

Hawksong

Go Back to forum