• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Caribbean Nights (jabb)

Share/Bookmark

Caribbean Nights (jabb)

This is a simple song that someone might hear in the background while lying on the nightime beach, sipping margaritas, on some island getaway. All the instruments are JABB except for the steel pans and muted guitar. Please tell me what you think.
    -Jay
    http://www.katejesse.com/nights.mp3

Re: Caribbean Nights (jabb)

Jay,
    I,ve already credited you with inspiring my The Cat That Got The Cream offering following your JABB Bossa Nova but I have to say this is disappointing as a follow up. Basically the two main instruments featured are not JABB or GPO, and lack the flow of your Bossa. Don't be put of by me though. I'm only one voice.

Ray

Well, I like your music, Mr. Jay.

Perhaps it would have been better had you alternated with another instrument for the melodic lead to add variety. Just a suggestion.

Thanks for posting.

Regards,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Ray, I appreciate your candor. I think maybe I was sipping on to many margaritas when I wrote this. I am glad that you liked my bossa nova though.
    Thanks for listening and your comment.

Larry, I was trying to get a certain sound with this, but from the lack of listeners and feedback I obviously was unable to convey the sound that I was looking for. Oh well. I guess I will let this thing die a slow death and move on to something else. As usual, I thank you listening and your suggestions.
    -Jay

I love it!

I got snow. I got sleet. I got freezing rain. For gads sake,
    I think there may even be frozen frogs falling on me.

This is exactly what I need today, Jay.

I might suggest a little more variation of instrumentation;
    but, hey -- you did say this was "background"; and it
    does evoke that scene... hanging out on the beach
    on a Carribean night, music in the distance...

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Jay,

I think it sounds nice even though this is not my favorite kind of music. It does evoke the feeling of being on a Carribean island even though I've never been on one.

Ahhhh, I can taste the margarita now - Hey quit kicking sand in my drink - look at those lovely ladies over there - hmm time for a little siesta - Ahhhh

Nice background - forget the tekky crap and relax to the soothing sounds of Jay

Quote Originally Posted by wrayer

Nice background - forget the tekky crap
    Hi, Jay,
    I did say "I'm only one voice" when giving my opinion about this piece, but, it seems the word you used so eloquently, candor = crap in some places so perhaps I'll back off and leave the listening room to others. I've surprised myself in lasting this long.

Keep these tunes coming,

Ray

David, I used to live in Connecticut (stamford) and I havn't forgotten about the snow and cold. I now live in florida. The island type of music that I have heard has been quite simple in structure and instrumentation. I was just experimenting with a sound using JABB. Since steel pans are a prominent sound in this type of music, and JABB does not have steel pans, I used them from someplace else. The song makes me think of being on an island beach. Thanks for listening.

JS33, This not my favorite kind of music either. I just like to try different sounds and styles just to see how it would turn out. I have been on a caribbean island, and it really does kind of sound like this to me.

Wrayer, the song was intended to be soothing and relaxing. I appreciate you comment and thanks for listening.

Ray, I always appreciate your input. I don't think any opinion is 'crap'.

Thank you all for taking the time to listen
    -Jay

Ray and Jay, Oops, I didn't mean Ray's opinion is "Crap". He (Ray) always has great advice and wonderful insights to the tech part of this. I just was trying to say sometimes it's just nice to lean back and listen. I am tryimg to learn this "Tech Crap" because it is very important to creating a "live field" of sound. No attack on anyone was intended (well, other than my own inadequate understanding of the tekky end of this art.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast