• Register
  • Help

Topic: Digital Performer 5: instrument track->Garritan unavailable

Share/Bookmark

Digital Performer 5: instrument track->Garritan unavailable

Hi,

Have had no issues with DP 4.xx and Garritan. I select project->add track->instrument track->garritan. But garritan is no longer appearing there in DP 5. Any ideas on how to get DP5 to recognize it?

Thanks in advance

Gary

Re: Digital Performer 5: instrument track->Garritan unavailable

Hi Gary,

close DP,
    do a search on your Macintosh HD for "audio unit info cache"
    drag this to the trash,
    empty the trash,
    boot DP.

DP will re-examine all the audio units and then it should show up.

dpDan

Thanks very much, Dan. Unfortunately, the problem persists. Still not listed in instrument track instruments. Any other ideas?

Gary

crud

The only thing I know to tell you now is to uninstall and reinstall the Garritan library. Hmmmmm?

DP wants to use the audio unit, and maybe you didn't install that when you intalled the Garritan library. Use easy install.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by gguter
    Hi,

Have had no issues with DP 4.xx and Garritan. I select project->add track->instrument track->garritan. But garritan is no longer appearing there in DP 5. Any ideas on how to get DP5 to recognize it?

Thanks in advance

Gary
    I just recently upgraded to DP5 and have the same problem. It won't recognize Garritan. It worked fine in DP 4. I tried deleting the audio info cache and even reinstalled Garritan. DP still isn't recognizing it though. Any ideas?

When you do the installation, don't use the default of "Easy Install", choose expert, or whatever it's called, and check every box, then install.
    Even RTAS, if you buy Pro Tools and then decide to use Garritan with it, you'll be glad you installed al the necessary things. It doesn't take up hardly any more hard disc space to load it all.

Dan

Go Back to forum