• Register
  • Help

Topic: Emerald RAM usage (vs. Gold, etc)

Share/Bookmark

Emerald RAM usage (vs. Gold, etc)

I have GPO and EWQLSO Gold, and --as any proper sample junkie--I want more.

I'm thinking of picking up a copy of Emerald. Just curious as to how RAM intensive it is. Right now I'm maxed out at 2gb on my laptop and I can squeeze in about 2 full instances of Gold (16 instruments, give or take) before running out. Will I get more or less out of Emerald? Or about the same?

Thanks,
    chris.

P.S. Any comments on Emerald's intuitiveness/usability would be appreciated.

Re: Emerald RAM usage (vs. Gold, etc)

If you use the instruments with all the articulations keyswitched, it uses around 35MB . For instance, the keyswitched 1st violins with all the articulations are 33MB in K2

But you can load only the articulations you need and then it's really cheap memory wise

For instance, all the strings in this demo are KH, and they are only 19MB in K2
    http://www.pablodelgado.com/mp3/forge2.mp3

Quote Originally Posted by CallMeZoot
    I have GPO and EWQLSO Gold, and --as any proper sample junkie--I want more.

I'm thinking of picking up a copy of Emerald. Just curious as to how RAM intensive it is. Right now I'm maxed out at 2gb on my laptop and I can squeeze in about 2 full instances of Gold (16 instruments, give or take) before running out. Will I get more or less out of Emerald? Or about the same?

Thanks,
    chris.

P.S. Any comments on Emerald's intuitiveness/usability would be appreciated.
    I an load any of Kirk's EXS24 Emerald templates in Logic Pro 7 on my dual G5 with 2 gigs of memory with no problem.

In any library of this sophistication and this many articulations I don't know that intuitive is the right word but with all the tepmlates he provides it is very useful.

As I have said many times before, at its price point purchasing it is a no-brainer IMHO.
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

Cool, thanks to everybody for the information. I think I'll pick up a copy once I get paid for my current project. 2 Quick questions.

1.)How much disk space does the whole library take up?
    2.)I don't have Kontakt yet (right now I use libraries that have their own Kontakt Player). I remember reading that there is a discounted price on K2 for people who own Kontakt-Player enabled libraries. Can anybody point me to a link to that discount?

Thanks,
    chris.

Quote Originally Posted by CallMeZoot
    1.)How much disk space does the whole library take up?
    21.5 GB the K2 version

Go Back to forum