• Register
  • Help

Topic: Cabin baggage ban hits musicians

Share/Bookmark

Re: Cabin baggage ban hits musicians

But that cello is a menace to world security you know? She could suddenly decide to play a piece and make people feel good and safe. And that's not good! We want people to be afraid.

sign: The new world order.

The most ignorant comment posted there reads:

I am a security guard at Heathrow. If you don't like it, don't fly. This is happening for a reason and you're quick to forget it. If we were not doing this and a bomb did get on a plane, you would be quick to complain that nothing was being done about it. Get real, there is more to life than music.
    Laura, Middlesex, England

Have you got it? Let's quit making music and becoming security guards at Heathrow in order to get real.

Mike

People are not idiots, so why they follow idiotic policies bewilders me. Exceptions can and should be made for things that will break or get damaged in the hold. A two-hundred year old cello looks much different from a bomb.

(at least the mooninites had LEDs)

Interesting.... My wife sat next to Yo-Yo Ma (and his cello) a few years back on a commuter flight from NY to Boston... Not sure if she sat next to him or his cello... I think the cello got the window seat... anyway, that was pre 9/11, IIRC... wonder if he would get preferential treatment today, and it's just the "working-class" musician that gets shafted...

BTW, as far as cellists go, Julia Morneweg is a hottie...

As far as I know since this news broke and the restrictions came in the Musicians Union in the UK has issued a card to it's members and this is now sorted out.

I live about 4 miles from where the raids and the plotters lived. They have also found explosives on the side of the M40 motorway when a group of children when they had poured some of the liwuid on to the ground.

The police are still searching these woods after all this time.

The police helicopter was outside my window the night before for nearly 3 hours......
    www.sounds-and-images.co.uk

And now also at Flickr!

http://flickr.com/photos/sounds-and-images/

www.myspace.com/simonfielder

NorthernSounds.NET.
    View Simon Fielder's Profile at NorthernSounds.net

Was it something I said LOL....
    www.sounds-and-images.co.uk

And now also at Flickr!

http://flickr.com/photos/sounds-and-images/

www.myspace.com/simonfielder