• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Topic: "Sprites"

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    "Sprites"

    Music Folks,

    Herewith, for your consideration, is my "Sprites".

    Regards,

    Larry

    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  2. #2

    Re: "Sprites"

    Very clever. I like it. It sounds like something from one of those cheesy holloween soundtracks some people play at full volume from their house for passerby trickertreaters to hear. Only one comment here. Try to do something about the ballance between the keyboard instruments and your string section, the difference in volume is unnatural and needs correction. Other than that, great job.

  3. #3

    Re: "Sprites"

    Hey Larry,
    Nice title. I'll look differently at another can of Lemon-Lime Soda.
    Your classical construction and good natured humor always shines through your work. You can churn them out like no one else on the forum and keep them fresh and entertaining. Like the use of the strings but you may want to consider using a "marcato" type hit for your faster passages. Great work; i very much enjoyed.

    Michael
    "...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com

  4. #4

    Re: "Sprites"

    Enjoyed the "spritely" good humor in this, Larry;
    nice job on it.

    Best,

    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .

  5. #5
    Senior Member fastlane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Shelton, Washington State
    Posts
    2,972

    Re: "Sprites"

    Your conservative optimism always seems to shine through in your music, augmented with a light heart.

    Good music.

    Phil

  6. #6

    Re: "Sprites"

    Thanks to three out of four of you.

    Cheesy?

    Regards,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  7. #7

    Re: "Sprites"

    Great work, Larry, this definitely has your wonderful sense of melody and counterpoint! It's a pleasure to listen to, I'm happy to add it to my collection.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

  8. #8

    Re: "Sprites"

    Quote Originally Posted by SeanHannifin
    Great work, Larry, this definitely has your wonderful sense of melody and counterpoint! It's a pleasure to listen to, I'm happy to add it to my collection.
    Appreciate it, Mr. Sean. Thanks.

    Regards,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  9. #9
    Senior Member rpearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    1,904

    Re: "Sprites"

    Quote Originally Posted by fastlane
    Your conservative optimism always seems to shine through in your music, augmented with a light heart.

    Good music.

    Phil
    I agree about the good music - but what in Larry's music is "conservative"? Unbridled optimism would be how I'd put it!

    Lot's of fun here, Larry. The piano part is lively without being too difficult (like I would know?).

    This was a pleasant way to begin the day - we are iced in, here. A smile sure helps...
    Ron Pearl

    Website:

    ronaldmpearl.com

    myspace:

    http://myspace.com/rmpearl

  10. #10

    Re: "Sprites"

    Quote Originally Posted by rpearl
    I agree about the good music - but what in Larry's music is "conservative"? Unbridled optimism would be how I'd put it!

    Lot's of fun here, Larry. The piano part is lively without being too difficult (like I would know?).

    This was a pleasant way to begin the day - we are iced in, here. A smile sure helps...
    I certainly hope that the sunshine prevails soon where you are.

    Thank you for listening.

    Regards,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •