Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Poll: Aftertouch

Share/Bookmark

Poll: Aftertouch

Are you using aftertouch?

If a sample library has essential features programmed on aftertouch:
    - Would you be able to use it?
    - Do you like to use aftertouch?
    - Would you need an alternative controller to use it?

Thanks for helping developers to create better products.

Chris Hein
    Chris Hein - Horns / Chris Hein - Guitars / Chris Hein - Bass
    http://www.chrishein.net

Re: Poll: Aftertouch

Barely ever use aftertouch. I can use it, don't need a separate controller. I just haven't used it much at all - no specific reason. I won't mind using it if required though.
    Kid: When I become an adult I wanna be a musician.
    Parent: Son, you cannot become both.

Well, as the industrie slowly adapts to aftertouch again (like edirol with their USB keyboards etc.)- yes, would be great.
    But please also note that a lot of great 88 keyboards do not support aftertouch (Well, personally I only find the Kawai keyboard of acceptable quality for an 88 keyboard and that does not support aftertouch) - so keyswitches and aftertouch together might not be a good idea :-)

best

I'm using it on a few instruments.
    It doesn't seem to be very common these days.
    I like it.

Hi Chris,

I use aftertouch any time. That was one reason for me to buy an EMU Xboard 61 in the last days. Aftertouch is so very usefull. I wonder why so many instruments not programmed to recive aftertouch... .

I wonder also that a lot of 88 keyboards do not support aftertouch?!

Best Regards

Quote Originally Posted by steff3
    Well, as the industrie slowly adapts to aftertouch again (like edirol with their USB keyboards etc.)- yes, would be great.
    But please also note that a lot of great 88 keyboards do not support aftertouch (Well, personally I only find the Kawai keyboard of acceptable quality for an 88 keyboard and that does not support aftertouch) - so keyswitches and aftertouch together might not be a good idea :-)

best
    Hi Steff,

I use 2 keyboards. One 61 Emu with aftertouch and a second (creative-mini prodikeys) for keyswitches

Best Regards

I'd like to use aftertouch, but most virtual instruments only support midi control changes, and aftertouch doesn't correspond to a controller number.

I'd greatly appreciate *polyphonic* aftertouch, but as far as I know, there is no midi controller keyboard on the market that supports it.

Quote Originally Posted by PierreFunck
    I'd like to use aftertouch, but most virtual instruments only support midi control changes, and aftertouch doesn't correspond to a controller number.

I'd greatly appreciate *polyphonic* aftertouch, but as far as I know, there is no midi controller keyboard on the market that supports it.
    Yes, many years ago that was a highlight. At that time I used a Casio Synthesizer who have had this, a great thing!

I think the industry have forgotten this exclusiv possibility to control the sound?!

Much years ago it was a problem for the most sequenzer programs to process the many datas which coul`d send from poly-aftertouch.. . But know in ouer time that isn`t a problem yet... .

Hey, is there a manufacturer who reads ouer words?

I use to use it a lot years ago, but I find that many modern synths (I use mostly software now) do not have it programmed into a patch and so I most time even forget it exists :-)
    rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

I think aftertouch is a great feature and much too less often implemented.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast