• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: "Building" keyswitches

Share/Bookmark

"Building" keyswitches

hi,
    can please someone tell me if there is a software or something like that to build keyswitches??? thank you

Re: "Building" keyswitches

yes there is something like that!

Seriously though, it's impossible to know what you're talking about when you haven't specified if you mean using a sampler, using an external tool to build/edit instruments for some sampler or using a standalone midi processor or something else. Please elaborate a little.

Quote Originally Posted by kotori
    yes there is something like that!

Seriously though, it's impossible to know what you're talking about when you haven't specified if you mean using a sampler, using an external tool to build/edit instruments for some sampler or using a standalone midi processor or something else. Please elaborate a little.
    Using Kontakt 2 ...i have project sam's solo Brass and i would like to create my own kewswitchs with the patches i prefer!

I see. I still don't understand if the problem is that you don't know how to do it in Kontakt (if that's the case please lookup Group Start Options in the manual and look at how some other keyswitched instruments are designed), or if you're looking for a software which let's you do this more easily than by using the internal instrument editor in Kontakt. If it's the latter, maybe you could have a look at the programs from Chickensys.

If you want to keyswitch between different instruments you can just copy and paste the groups of one instrument into the other and enter the keyswitch conditions as Group Start Options.

Quote Originally Posted by aLfR3dd
    Using Kontakt 2 !
    What sequencer do you use?

I've been dreamning for such a an editor for ages. It would make life so much easier I think. The only one I've tried was the one that came with GS 2 - it only outputs GS files. But, editors of this kind are probably bound to be intended for one platform or sample-player alone, and thus probably not profitable enough for the effort of making them.

Setting up programs with advanced conditional triggering in HALions tight interface is murder every time. An honest estimate is that I could probably do it in 1/3 of the time (and be in a good mood afterwards too) if the working interface was suited for it - like I did with GS Edit
    Kid: When I become an adult I wanna be a musician.
    Parent: Son, you cannot become both.

Here's a little tutorial i found that should help:

http://kevintweedy.net/TUTORIALS.htm

Quote Originally Posted by geronimo001
    Here's a little tutorial i found that should help:

http://kevintweedy.net/TUTORIALS.htm
    That's indeed a very clear guide. The only thing I do not get at all is why he thinks it's easier to save a copy of all samples when saving the edited instrument. This seems like a completely unecessary waste of hard drive space to me. Instead I recommend checking "patch only" in that second last image.

Quote Originally Posted by kotori
    That's indeed a very clear guide. The only thing I do not get at all is why he thinks it's easier to save a copy of all samples when saving the edited instrument. This seems like a completely unecessary waste of hard drive space to me. Instead I recommend checking "patch only" in that second last image.
    I agree... But once I'm finish with my templates(if that ever gets done lol..), i will save all my intruments/banks(with samples) to a back up drive just in case... Because there's no way I'm ever gonna do that again.

How about this:

Simply click with the right mouse button on a note and select the articulation from the pop up menu.
    The articulations are stored individually in each instrument track depending on the library you have loaded.

The same is possible with any controller data, including ADSR for the controller envelope.

Chris Hein
    Chris Hein - Horns / Chris Hein - Guitars / Chris Hein - Bass
    http://www.chrishein.net

Go Back to forum