• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: 'OVERWORLD' fantasy(orchestra/choir/piano).

Share/Bookmark

'OVERWORLD' fantasy(orchestra/choir/piano).

Hi all,
    I joined the forum recently but never posted in this thread,this a recent composition titled 'OVERWORLD'.
    it's a fantasy based composition featuring orchestra /choir /piano.

http://deanvalentine.com/mp3/OVERWORLD.mp3

Dean.

Re: 'OVERWORLD' fantasy(orchestra/choir/piano).

Dean,

It really sounds very...magical indeed

All instruments EW, I reckon? The solo strings actually sound rather nice, although I've never really liked them... :-/

Quick question: Is there a story behind the music? Is it just some music that spring in mind? Because it is amazingly beautiful, really it is...

No feedback from me whatsoever... Everything is as it is supposed to be! And actually if you want to know, there are other people who've heard Overworld and they think it's great (and worry for their entry actually )...

Nikolas

Very Good Music!!,

And realy GREAT Mix....

Congrats!!.

D.M
    "God is Love"

Very nice. I like the mood of this piece. Good use of dynamics too. What libraries used? Love the piano-sound! Sends chills down my spine...

Chris

Hey Nikolas,how are you?
    thanks very much,everything is EW.
    This composition is based around a friends short story,about a flight through the frozen Overworld.I knew the sound and fell that I wanted to create,for once no brass at all (well,about 4 notes.)and based everything around the piano.
    I also just finished some compositions,one titled 'Oisin' ,for a live action series based on celtic legends/folklore called 'The Real Fianna' I'll send you an mp3, makes a nice change to scoring 52 part animation series,
    I'd also love to score more games,hint,hint if anyones interested check out www.deanvalentine.com for more info.(soon to be updated with more projects and compositions from 2006/07)

ps:What did you think of Gorechki tracks and hows the new mix?
    Dean

Quote Originally Posted by nikolas
    Dean,

It really sounds very...magical indeed

All instruments EW, I reckon? The solo strings actually sound rather nice, although I've never really liked them... :-/

Quick question: Is there a story behind the music? Is it just some music that spring in mind? Because it is amazingly beautiful, really it is...

No feedback from me whatsoever... Everything is as it is supposed to be! And actually if you want to know, there are other people who've heard Overworld and they think it's great (and worry for their entry actually )...

Nikolas

Wow, Gorgeous work!

... on every level.

I really enjoyed this!

~Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by D.Montesinos
    Very Good Music!!,

And realy GREAT Mix....

Congrats!!.

D.M
    Hey D.M.,
    Thanks very much for listening and responding.

Dean.

Dean, this is some wonderful work. I really like the mood you set with this piece. There is that darker, edgy, yet calming element to it. Very well done. I think I've listened to the piece numerous times now and enjoyed it every single time. The sound is also teriffic, I see that you have platinum. I only have Gold. The strings sound incredible.

How do you do those intense runs. Are those phrases, or can you actually play that with platinum. The build up and climax of the strings are simply stunning. I wish I could do that. Also is the piano, the silver piano.

I will be looking forward to more of you music. Very inspiring. Thanks

fantastic work
    The Dimensity Project at
    www.dagger-games.com

Quote Originally Posted by dean valentine
    Hey Nikolas,how are you?
    thanks very much,everything is EW.
    This composition is based around a friends short story,about a flight through the frozen Overworld.I knew the sound and fell that I wanted to create,for once no brass at all (well,about 4 notes.)and based everything around the piano.
    I also just finished some compositions,one titled 'Oisin' ,for a live action series based on celtic legends/folklore called 'The Real Fianna' I'll send you an mp3, makes a nice change to scoring 52 part animation series,
    I'd also love to score more games,hint,hint if anyones interested check out www.deanvalentine.com for more info.(soon to be updated with more projects and compositions from 2006/07)

ps:What did you think of Gorechki tracks and hows the new mix?
    Dean
    Hey Dean,

All is well! Thanks for the info of the short story! Looking forward to listening to Oisin!

guys visit his site: He has some great tracks in there

Gorechki was very nice and the new mix is complete (the best I could do, you can listen to it in my site. I find it's the best thing I could do considering I lost hte project files )

Take care

Go Back to forum