• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: The Emperor disappointment

Share/Bookmark

The Emperor problem

The lower velocity layers of pedal down samples seem almost unplayable to me . Playing feels like having a random delay of 40-100 ms on every note (same problem even with the update called "Latest multi with fixed offending samples and adjusted sample start points"). I was really surprised since I've heard many praise this piano. Is there any fix available for this problem?
    If there's no satisfactory solution I would like a refund if possible. Although I like the sound of this piano I find it unusable in it's current state.

I bought it as part of the group buy and downloaded it today, and it looks as if all updates are included. To double-check I tried the file I mentioned above, but the problem was the same.

Re: The Emperor disappointment

Quote Originally Posted by kotori
    The lower velocity layers of pedal down samples seem almost unplayable to me . Playing feels like having a random delay of 40-100 ms on every note (same problem even with the update called "Latest multi with fixed offending samples and adjusted sample start points"). I was really surprised since I've heard many praise this piano. Is there any fix available for this problem?
    If there's no satisfactory solution I would like a refund if possible. Although I like the sound of this piano I find it unusable in it's current state.

I bought it as part of the group buy and downloaded it today, and it looks as if all updates are included. To double-check I tried the file I mentioned above, but the problem was the same.
    Hi Kotori

I'm contacting Michiel Post and I'm sure he will have a fix for this!
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Worra
    Hi Kotori

I'm contacting Michiel Post and I'm sure he will have a fix for this!
    Yeah? Like you were sure he had a fix for the Orchestral Instruments, I bought? Well, he didn't!

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge
    Yeah? Like you were sure he had a fix for the Orchestral Instruments, I bought? Well, he didn't!
    Hi Nickie.

Mail me at per@sampletekk.com and I'll take care of it.
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

OK, I will do that. Thanks.

Hi worra:

I too experience this delay thing, and it makes it a little difficult to play eventhought the samples do sound stunning. I just got the emperor K2 yesterday, and I've been messing around with it for hours, and searched Michaels website for updates, and looks like all the updated are already included. I do not experience this with any of previous sampletekk pianos, WG, BG, TBO, etc. Here are some of the strange behaviors I notice with the emperor. If you hold a chord wth sustain and then play another note at pp level, there is a huge latency, not as noticeable at ff level. Again this happens randomly. The notes also seem to cut off randomly, even with higher polyphony settings. The sound sometimes seems to choke instead of ring freely. Other than that, this is the best sounding Bosendorfer I've ever heard. I think it sound even better than the other Bos 290, which I also have.

My PC is an Opteron dual core 165, 2gig ram, and raptor sample drive, and I am asuming it should be powerful enough, because it runs the other pianos fine. Though, I would have to say that I have been having some problems with my PC after updating to dual core, and I hope its not related to that.

Worra, don't get me wrong, I am not really complaining too much, considering what I paid for it. I am just stating what I've noticed, and it would be great if there was a fix for it. But either way, what a deal. for such a stunning piano. Thanx

Sincerely
    Dd

These are long documented and never addressed issues with the Emperor which have made the library unusable and a waste of disk space and money.

See these old threads:

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=32412
    http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=32657

Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Godfrey
    These are long documented and never addressed issues with the Emperor which have made the library unusable and a waste of disk space and money.

See these old threads:

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=32412
    http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=32657

Patrick
    This is very upsetting!
    I can't believe that the instrument is being sold in this state! I understand that certain things slip through, but this issue seems to have been known for a long time without being fixed. I must add that I'm very satisfied with SampleTekk's TBO and Black Grand but this PMI piano leaves much to be desired and doesn't live up to that high standard at all.

Here's a demo mp3 I made showing the sample start offset problem (it's quantized). At low velocities the timing is completely unpredictable! The demo is divided into two - the first part is The Emperor and the second is Black Grand. Unlike The Emperor Black Grand stands the test perfectly.

Btw. I'm using Kontakt (latest version) on PC.

Hi Patrick:

Thanks for the links, lots of information there, I had no idea. I wonder if the delay is inherent to some of the samples or if the delay is due to the interface programming like NKI file. I am assuming if it is just in the interface, then it may require reprogramming. But if it the sample, then those samples would have to be fixed with a wave editing software. Either way I would guess that it is fixable, unless its something else that I am not aware of. Hope this gets resolved soon, now that sampletekk has taken over. It would make this library just so much better.

Dd

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast