• Register
  • Help
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Topic: The Emperor disappointment

Share/Bookmark

Re: The Emperor disappointment

Quote Originally Posted by matto
    It's just a bit of dead air at the beginning of some low vel samples, easily visible in K2's sample editor and easily fixed by adjusting the sample start on the offending samples.
    I hear you and I have nothing against tweaking instruments, but I'd rather start off using an instrument which is playable. It seems like a big waste of time to have each user, possibly lacking experience in how to set sample start offsets, fix a basic problem of the instrument individually instead of having a professional fix it properly once and for all. I'd rather get a 100% fix than do an 80% fix myself.

Quote Originally Posted by JT3_Jon
    Just curious, which black grand was used to create that mp3? Was it the close mic?
    Yes, it was the close mic version and I think I added a tad of reverb to both. I should say though that I removed the volume response to better be able to compare the velocity layers, so this demo is not very well suited for judging what the pianos really sound like before buying them.

Quote Originally Posted by ddarwin7
    Just wondering whatever happened to the sampletekk updates link. [...]
    SampleTekk updates and PMI updates.
    Btw. The update page for PMI Baroque Organ/Kontakt leads to EXS24 updates, so I think there's some error there.
    Worra or Michiel, are there any organ updates available not included in the direct-download package for Kontakt?

Hi,
    The EMPEROR sample-start issues have been adressed -as far as I know- in March 2005 with this G3 update:
    www.postpiano.com/support/updates/giga/EMP_GS3_24_3_05d.zip
    and this Kontakt update:
    www.postpiano.com/support/updates/kontakt/Emperor multis 2005.zip

If there are any low level sample off-set issues left after these last updates I was not aware of them. You can solve them fairly easy with the tools inside Kontakt and Giga; it just needs a simple adjustment of the parameter that sets the sample start off-set.

As for baroque organ:
    Baroque Organ has one instrument that is linked to the wrong samples:
    Here is the full Giga 2 instrument. It can be added to the original instruments. This one also imports easily in Kontakt, EXS and Halion.
    www.postpiano.com/support/updates/giga/RP 37 Krummhorn 8 update.zip
    (big 50 MB download, includes all the samples).
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Quote Originally Posted by Michiel Post
    Hi,
    The EMPEROR sample-start issues have been adressed -as far as I know- in March 2005 with this G3 update:
    www.postpiano.com/support/updates/giga/EMP_GS3_24_3_05d.zip
    and this Kontakt update:
    www.postpiano.com/support/updates/kontakt/Emperor multis 2005.zip

If there are any low level sample off-set issues left after these last updates I was not aware of them. You can solve them fairly easy with the tools inside Kontakt and Giga; it just needs a simple adjustment of the parameter that sets the sample start off-set.
    Hi Michiel,
    Thanks for your reply. The only information in the manual about the patches is that EMPEROR FULL is the main one. This patch doesn't seem to have been fixed and it has a different and softer sound than several of the other patches. It seems to me that the user is practically left without any information about the patches and a folder full with a mix of fixed and unfixed or half-fixed patches.
    I know fixing a sample start offset is easy, but repeating this for all samples takes time and can't see why every user should have to do it when it can be fixed centrally. I thought I'd just be able to load the piano and play it once I had downloaded it and I believe that's a reasonable assumption. Please post some information about the patches (or a link if it's already available).

As for baroque organ:
    Baroque Organ has one instrument that is linked to the wrong samples:
    Here is the full Giga 2 instrument. It can be added to the original instruments. This one also imports easily in Kontakt, EXS and Halion.
    www.postpiano.com/support/updates/giga/RP 37 Krummhorn 8 update.zip
    (big 50 MB download, includes all the samples).
    Thank you. How does one integrate this into the original folder structure? Do I replace the samples in the "Baroque Organ MAIN\37 Samples" folder with the samples extracted from the Giga instrument?

I have also a problem on the emperor GS3 with G5 (and G5b) which has a nasty artefact. An update would be nice.

Worra,
    it would be great if you could bring the emperor (and old lady) in line with your pianos, QC wise (see the threads Patrick linked).
    thanks.

julian

Worra:
    It definitely would be nice for the Emperor to have the same playability as the Black and White grand. I wouldn't even know where to start to fix this for K2 and GS3, as I don't do too much tweaking under the hood. I usually just load up, and load scripts and set eq and some plug ins and that's it. I've never done sample editing with K2 or GS3 yet. So it definitely would be nice for somebody who knows what they a doing, like yourself or Michael, to do these fixes and post as updates. Please consider this.
    Thanks

Thanks Kototi for the updates link.

Re: The Emperor problem

Quote Originally Posted by kotori
    Playing feels like having a random delay of 40-100 ms on every note
    JFYI, the same problems exists on the popular Bos290. Many of the samples have delays of up to 20ms. Sure every user can fix it by adjusting the startpoints in Kontakt if they don't mind editing 1400 samples!

btw Worra, I couldn't find the update page on your site, can you post a link so I can check for updates as they become available?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by synergy543
    [...] I couldn't find the update page on your site [...]
    Here they are: SampleTekk updates and PMI updates.

I see that there are other users who don't buy the "you can easily fix it yourself" attitude either. I would be very happy if these issues were addressed because I think I could really like this piano with it's sound if I didn't feel so hopelessly detached from the keys when playing. Btw. the manual says "Kontakt 2: see notes on Instrallation DVD (Readme.pdf)", but I have no such file. Does this file contain more information about the patches (eg. which are supposed to be up to date) and where can it be downloaded?

Quote Originally Posted by kotori
    I see that there are other users who don't buy the "you can easily fix it yourself" attitude either.
    Maybe so, but I fixed mine shortly after I got it in the Piano Magic Bundle group buy a while back. And I did go through it sample by sample in an external wave editor. FWIW I had more fixes to make with the Hybrid Pianos. (Downloadable version). I don't know if I had a corrupted .rar file or what but it needed extensive surgery.

There still may be a little funky-ness with some of the lower velocity samples in the Emperor. After reading this thread I loaded up all the sets of the two lowest velocity samples in Audition and just eyeballed them. Some of them look peculiar.
    Ben N. Moore

Hi Ben, I'm surprised that you are not more annoyed by having had to make all these laborious corrections yourself, but I guess we're all different. I know the pianos were really cheap during the group buy but if one is supposed to manually correct the problems before being able to use this piano I had liked to know that piece of information before the purchase in order to make an informed decision. Anyway, realizing now that the very sparse info in the documentation which describes the Kontakt patches might be out of date I don't want to critize anything until I get some information about the different instruments. Maybe some file on the DVD release is missing in the direct-download.

Go Back to forum
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast