• Register
  • Help

Topic: rmx. search function??? eric?

Share/Bookmark

rmx. search function??? eric?

rmx is imho the best virtual instrument in existence, however the lack of a simple search function is really a major drag.

i use rmx daily and have a very large library or converted rex files. i would really like to simply do a search for bass, or kalimba, or vocal, etc.

is there any plan to implement search function soon?

simple sage management of folders is not adequate and potentially problematic. also, i think i used up my allocated favorites slots in a day or two.

also a save as monolith type of thing would be great for the times when i need to take a session to another studio. the idea of having to reconvert my rexes for a specific project is not really practical.

great app! just wish i could find my loops.

Re: rmx. search function??? eric?

Thanks for your feedback. There's lots of features on the request list for the future. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by quincyg
    simple sage management of folders is not adequate and potentially problematic. also, i think i used up my allocated favorites slots in a day or two
    There's no limit to how many Faovrites Suites you can have. Check the Favorites Utility section of the Reference Guide:

http://support.spectrasonics.net/rmx...er/page15.html

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum
    Thanks for your feedback. There's lots of features on the request list for the future. :-)
    Thanks for getting back so fast. nice to see you are in touch with your users.

sorry to hear that you are not actively developing a search function (if i am reading your response correctly)

any ideas from users on a workaround or hack for this would be appreciated. so far what i am doing is keeping an alias to my sage folder on the desktop and then using spotlight to search for instruments and the going back into remix to navigate to them. a bit of back and forth. any ideas on how i could do this faster under osx? i usually have audio finder open as well, but this doesn't see non audio files.

Thanks for getting back so fast. nice to see you are in touch with your users.
    Sure! :-)

sorry to hear that you are not actively developing a search function (if i am reading your response correctly)
    Hah! Who said that? :-)

You're not interpreting my response correctly.

As I've said previously on this forum, we do not announce features in advance of an official release.

Of course we are always listening to users and the list of features and requests we plan to implement for the future is quite long indeed! Search is a very popular request if you look at all the other threads on this topic.

i see, i see. i like the between the lines read of that response better.

thanks again.

killer app!

come on over to gearslutz.com every once in awhile. people would love to hear from you. alot of other developers pop in now and then.

rmx is imho the best virtual instrument in existence, however the lack of a simple search function is really a major drag.
    In the meantime i could suggest to navigate the sage folder and perform a search at file system level, even better with a decent file manager like Total Commander for example. Sure, it's not comfortable as to have a list of item found inside rmx itself, but until rmx 2.0 could do the job

Go Back to forum