• Register
  • Help

Topic: KontaktPlayer2.dll in Cakewalk?

Share/Bookmark

Question KontaktPlayer2.dll in Cakewalk?

I was feeling adventerous so I decided to see if I could loa KontaktPlayer2.dll (the binary that ships with the Finale edition of GPO). The thing loaded just fine. The problem is, I can't get it to read the files that came with the version full version of GPO which I purchased separately. Has loading the KontaktPlayer2.dll file in a sequencer been known to work, and if so, how do I get around this problem?

Re: KontaktPlayer2.dll in Cakewalk?

You can load KP2 in Sonar, but you can not load any libraries, that are not specifically encoded for KP2. These include at the moment full GPO and JABB.

Forgive me for being dumb - but does that mean that GPO or JABB do NOT work in Sonar? I just got Sonar Studio edition and can't get GPO or JABB to play in it... Will it work if I persevere?

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by tcohen
    Forgive me for being dumb - but does that mean that GPO or JABB do NOT work in Sonar? I just got Sonar Studio edition and can't get GPO or JABB to play in it... Will it work if I persevere?

Tim
    GPO and JABB run fine in Sonar. I've done most of the demo work in Sonar 5 and 6. I used the Producer edition but Studio should work basically the same. Use them as VST plugins. The .dll files must be located in the correct VSTplugins folder for Sonar to see them. I won't go into specifics in case there are structural differences in Studio (compared to Producer) of which I'm unfamiliar. Read the Sonar manual and help files concerning VST instruments.

Tom

Tim,

you need to put the PersonalOrchestraVST.dll and Garritan JazzVST.dll in either the Cakewalk\Shared Plugins or Cakewalk\VSTPlugins folder and run the Cakewalk VST Adapter on this folder before you open Sonar HS 4. Alternatively you can point the VST Adapter to another folder, where you keep the VST plugin .dll's. GPO and JABB use the Kontakt Player 1 until the long awaited updates to KP2 hit the streets.

Thanks to all for the help! I can't wait to try this when I get home.

Tim

Go Back to forum