• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Torture Music

Share/Bookmark

Smile Torture Music

A fellow teacher asked me for two minutes of 'eternal torture and damnation' to accompany a production of the York Mystery Plays. Here's the result.

http://minorcrisis.net/files/Torture_Music.mp3

Libraries were:-

Post Prepared Piano
    X-Sample Harp

my own waterphone and bowed cymbals
    cello harmonics from a magazine cover disc

Hope you enjoy it - Please let me know if you do

Re: Torture Music

Links with spaces in it do not work.
    All your strings belong to me!
    www.strings-on-demand.com

Thanks Hannes

It should be fixed now. I've edited the file name, and changed the link in the top post.

Dear Pingu,

Just to clarify - is this meant to represent the torture on the stage, or just to torture the listener?

Whichever, it was good to hear something out of the ordinary posted, and it's a good piece of musique concrete. Well done - highly representative of your intentions.

Kind Regards,

Nick.

very nice - just what all music students aspire to write these days! Certainly good torture music. I particularly like the 'crashes' from the piano!

Lloyd

Red face Re: Torture Music

Pingu

I missed the hisssssssing sssssssteam, boiling bubble bursts and fingernails down the blackboard and the constant drip of liquid on a resonant surface. Otherwise, it seemed quite tortuously normal.

tony

A while ago, TIME Magazine obtained secret Guantanamo Bay information showing that Christina Aguilera music has been used as torture in Gitmo.

"Dripping Water or Playing Christina Aguilera Music: After the new measures are approved, the mood in al-Qahtani's interrogation booth changes dramatically. The interrogation sessions lengthen. The quizzing now starts at midnight, and when Detainee 063 dozes off, interrogators rouse him by dripping water on his head or playing Christina Aguilera music."

Excellent work Pingu!

"Brandy, You're a Fine Girl"

Hey man, I really liked this one! I think it works really well on an emotional/programmatic level but also as an autonomous piece, especially with how you distribute the timbres and work with percussive sounds. It's effective but also shows that you think outside the box. Awesome stuff
    Wilbert Roget, II
    Composer
    Rogetmusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    A while ago, TIME Magazine obtained secret Guantanamo Bay information showing that Christina Aguilera music has been used as torture in Gitmo.

"Dripping Water or Playing Christina Aguilera Music: After the new measures are approved, the mood in al-Qahtani's interrogation booth changes dramatically. The interrogation sessions lengthen. The quizzing now starts at midnight, and when Detainee 063 dozes off, interrogators rouse him by dripping water on his head or playing Christina Aguilera music."

LOL.... Seriously thou, i think the girl can sing, AND she not bad looking...It's what she sings that is torture.

Go Back to forum