• Register
  • Help

Topic: Hi from another new aspiring composer. :)

Share/Bookmark

Hi from another new aspiring composer. :)

Hey everyone, I'm new here so I hope I'm posting this in the right location and everything. I'll keep the mandatory introduction brief: I'm a Dutch student and started walking the long road of music three and a half years ago by strumming on a guitar. Obviously I've still got loads to learn and this looks like a great place!

Anyway, I've written a bunch of tunes partly (mostly fully) done with GPO and I'd love critical and honest feedback on the compositions and productions.

Hang 'em High
    Re-Invention One
    March in the Sand
    The Hey Hey Blues
    Nihil Sine Origine Nisi Deus Solus
    Frans' Laatste Analyse

Thanks a whole lot!

ps. two of those songs cannot be downloaded from soundclick and are 'pay to download' and stuff. You can download the entire album for free at www.sleutelbos.com, I'd be absolutely honored if anyone would find it good enough to download.

Re: Hi from another new aspiring composer. :)

Hello,
    Welcome to the forum. "smile" You have a very wonderful and diverse introduction. I especially enjoyed your more classical influenced works; the March in the Sands being a favorite. I would like to hear you expand a bit more on your themes and maybe work in a larger orchestral setting. You definitely have great talent and potential. The forum will greatly benefit from your posts. Thank you for sharing.

Michael
    "...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com

Hehe, eindelijk een nederlandse [finally a dutch] top composer.
    I enjoyed it very much, and the Nihil.... piece was the best.
    Also the March in the Sand caressed my ears.

What you do with garritan is great. Go on posting.

Hartelijke groet, [ greetings]

Raymond

Thanks for the welcome Michael. I'd love to work with larger orchestral settings and I'll definitely keep practicing the more classical orientated pieces. But it doesn't come easy, espescially as I'm basically a beginning rock/electronical musician making the move to classical music. I just found the RK-lessons here, amazing that such a resource is offered for free!

Anyway, I'm sure I'll be able to learn from this place and I hope I can contribute as much as well.

Hoi Raimond, good to see a fellow dutchy. Thanks for the kind words, I barely consider myself to be a composer, let alone a top composer but I'll try to become one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleutelbos
    ...... I barely consider myself to be a composer, let alone a top composer but I'll try to become one.
    Give me a definition of a composer! Everything fits.
    So we all are.

Raymond

Welcome to the forum, Sleutelbos!

Some very good work in these, my friend.
    I especially liked the Nihil sine origine nisi
    deus solus
    and the Frans' Laatste Analyse
    cuts... curiously impactful... and I always
    enjoy works that take risks like these do.

Keep it coming Sleutelbos!

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Thanks for the welcome and the kind words David. I'm working hard on my 2nd album which should be a mix between 'mainstream/conservative' music and more experimental 'risky' songs. When it's done I'll post a download link, hope you'll find some more tunes you like.

... and I like the AKA. Sleutelbos means "bunch of keys", very appropriate in this musical environment.

Raymond

Go Back to forum